Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once upon today, I decided it was time to clean & condition my leather interior, since it was the first time in 17 months of ownership. (I hear all of you saying "It's about time"). Anyway. I discovered that my left rear interior door panel was not leather whereas the other 3 in my First Edition were leather. So after the third person at the Jaguar dealership asked me how that could happen, I decided to tell the story. When my car was being built 2 years ago on a Friday Mateo(who worked for Magna Steyr in Graz) was installing interior door panels in my car. He was not focused on the job since he was to marry Collatta the next day and was thinking about his wedding day & wedding night (maybe not in that order). Soon after building my I-Pace, Mateo and Collatta relocated for a job opportunity in Fremont, California. I understand they are expecting a baby boy soon and are going to name him E...(but you already knew that).
Part will be ordered on Monday. Remember all of this is true only in my mind. I have got to get a life.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
666 Posts
Back in the 70s, I was on a Chrysler dealer lot. Looked at the sticker of a car and it read "50/50 cloth/vinyl seats". The front was 100% cloth. The back was 100% vinyl.

Years later I bought a XJ series Jeep Wagoneer Limited. It was missing the hood prop rod. I wonder how the dealer never noticed during PDI. It also had a lot of rattles. The most rattles came from front passenger footwell area. I took up the carpet and padding to find various nuts, bolts, screws, and the missing prop rod with its mounting pieces.

Your story is not far fetched, although it should not happen given the computer controls in place today (and for many years) to synchronize parts with cars being assembled.

·
Registered
2020 S
37 Posts
Mateo may have also had a job installing wheels on Jeeps in the 90's where he had a tendency to cross thread lug nuts.

Quality inspector: Are those lug nuts torqued?
Mateo [pointing to lug nut on rear driver side wheel]: Well I can tell you that lug nut is never coming off.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mateo may have also had a job installing wheels on Jeeps in the 90's where he had a tendency to cross thread lug nuts.

Quality inspector: Are those lug nuts torqued?
Mateo [pointing to lug nut on rear driver side wheel]: Well I can tell you that lug nut is never coming off.
It runs in the family. In the 90's that was his father. In 20 years, I bet his baby boy will grow up to continue the legacy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts