Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might like this Wattcat Trip from my JLR workshop to the Customer Reception.
This was immediately after a BEV Average State of Health (Capacity Fade) test.
o_O

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Check this out. One of those figures is wrong :LOL: Just today on my new one ... gotta have a sense of humor with this newfangled EV stuff
Impressive AI! It's telling you to comply with the "stay home" orders during this pandemic.

You might like this Wattcat Trip from my JLR workshop to the Customer Reception.
This was immediately after a BEV Average State of Health (Capacity Fade) test.
o_O
Now we have proof you drive with a heavy foot. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not me, it was the Service Manger.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check this out. One of those figures is wrong :LOL: Just today on my new one ... gotta have a sense of humor with this newfangled EV stuff
I got my car back from the dealer and the GoM showed a range of 406km. Since then I have driven 2 trips with a total distance of 60 Km and my GoM shows a range of 341 km.

Of course the charge n the battery tells a different story.

When I got it from the deal it was at 84 kWh. It is now out 60.7 kWhand the % charge is at 77%. This suggests that the car thinks that its battery capacity is 60.7 / .77 = 78.83 kWh.

In any case it appears as though 61 km in mixed driving conditions consumed roughly 24 kWh which is 2.5 kWh per km. This means that my actual range might be 60.7 kWh * 2.5 km/kWh = 151 km.

The bottom line is that the data does not make any sense at all. So it is best to ignore it and drive the car till it need charging and enjoy the ride. But after dropping huge dollars on the car that is pretty hard to do.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You can't assume 84kWh in the math. One way (and I've seen variations in the result, but sill the best we can do with the instruments we have) is to take a reasonably long drive, the ∆ state of charge (SOC), distance driven and the measured efficiency (or keep track of the overall average efficiency with the trip computer for multiple legs). The measured efficiency and distance will give you total consumption and that combined with the ∆SOC gives you the estimated battery capacity. There seems to be a lot error in the efficiency report as my estimates for batt capacity go from 75-82kWh. You can also use the distance driven and ∆SOC to esitimage the range. If that number is not usually close to 300 (or 260'ish in winter), then Id look more closely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts