Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a NEW 2019 i-pace. there are very good incentives, but I don't know how to ask, or what type of information I can request on the Batteries. Reading this blog, I requested the dealer for the Battery Health Charge and he replied with Battery Pack Cell state of health. In the report I see the battery ranges from 91-93%

It is a new car, but it is 2019. What information you would ask the dealer? and the report shows the battery ranging from 91-93% - is it acceptable?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,346 Posts
The battery report is not great. You're looking at ca 5-10% decrease in range compared to new. It's possible that the battery will improve upon a few charge/discharge cycles. IMO nothing else matters much, as 2019 is the same as 2020. So it all depends on how much they're discounting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not a great report, indeed.

But as said, do not stress. I've bought my 2018 demonstrator a few months back. It had been largely idle for months.
First charges showed 93% optimisation, net capacity estimated below 80kWh. After a handful of slow charges, allowing balancing, this went up all the way to 100%.
Charging in the colder weather now, it typically gets to 96-97%.

One of the impressive parts of the I-Pace is how it hardly looses any battery capacity over time. 8% loss after 2 years seems the norm over at Tesla, not for the I-Pace.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts