Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
so they just delivered my I pace with a new battery. I have been following along on my app over the last few days as it has successfully charged to 100% and 242 mile range. Service department manager personally delivered the car, and then spent over an hour dialing it in. After a month with a loaner land rover I realize how sweet this car really is. Hopefully no more issues!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Unfortunately I don't have an android, so not sure. I am going to see if one of my buddies can upload the app on his phone and then I will check. Ill keep you posted

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Day 2 my I pace is running well, no issues. yesterday I drove a 20 mile stretch over a mountain pass (up and down) with snow tires, ski rack, heat, and music and used about 36 miles off my range. is that pretty normal? I am going to try to keep track how my actual miles compare to my % Soc as well...

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Day 2 my I pace is running well, no issues. yesterday I drove a 20 mile stretch over a mountain pass (up and down) with snow tires, ski rack, heat, and music and used about 36 miles off my range. is that pretty normal? I am going to try to keep track how my actual miles compare to my % Soc as well...
Instead of reporting how much ‘off of range’ look at actual reported consumption. The car keeps track in real time as well as saves the data for your last 3 trips, overall best and then both cumulative trip A an B. You can see all trips in your Journeys. Your radio would have minuscule effects, so it isn’t important. The terrain, temps, speed and accessories like HVAC, seat/steering wheel heat, heated windscreen, rear defrost do have impacts.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'll second Dantrium's response, above; and add that although there are many comments dismissing the GOM, I find that in warm temps estimated range tracks pretty well with my odometer, but in winter while running the heater, impact to GOM tends to out-strip initially estimated range vs odometer (over time). In other words, in cold temps, I look to have +50% in terms of GOM-range compared to what I would anticipate using in the summer. -- Hence the many dismissive comments about the GOM. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
so here are a few data points (unfortunately short trips today)from my Jag app-
Eco mode- 4.5 miles, 2.79mi/kWh, regenerated .4 kWh
comfort mode-10.2 miles 1.9 mi/kWh, regenerated .8 kWh
Dynamic mode-9.6 miles, 1.6mi/kWh, regenerated 1.4 kWh
Temps here today were mid 40s.
Look reasonable?

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
Nope, your 10.2 and 9.6 mile trips don't look good unless you drove uphill quite a bit or 90 mph on freeway.
You'll want to monitor your %SoC and also record how many kWh your charger adds for a certain %SoC.

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
Go to the myEV panel and note the percentage SoC (let's say 90%).
Drive a hundred miles without charging. Then note the SoC (let's say 40%).
So you used 50% of battery for 100 miles. Range = 200 miles.

Do that and see what number you come up with. (Obviously you can also drive fewer miles, let's say 70 and you used 35%: 70 / 0.35 = 200 miles).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Sounds good. I’ve got some longer driving tomorrow and will get back to you with some info...thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Merry Christmas everyone, so here's the report-
temp was 32 degrees, drove on Eco mode about 75 mph, went over 2 mountain passes, skirack on the roof, snow tires on-
117 miles round trip, used 76kWh (83% SoC used up), so 1.53 miles/kWh. This includes one stop at the mountain where the car got cold and I had to restart it...
after getting home, I charged the car from 17%-100% (76 kWh for 83%). Seems like more kWh goes into the vehicle in the last 10% or so...

I would be interested if there are any other owners out there driving in winter conditions with snow tires and roof rack, anyone else get similar driving efficiency? 1.53 m/kWh is about 42% less than the epa stated 2.6-2.7. After talking with friends with telsas, they confirm that winter driving can take a 30-50% hit on efficiency.

Battery seems to be charging well, so I might wait until warmer temps and my summer tires to pass judgement...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
one more thing, my jag app reports 1.6miles/kWh on way up mountain, and 2.1 miles/kWh on the way down. This doesn't take into account the preconditioning I had to do at the ski resort without being plugged in...

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
temp was 32 degrees, drove on Eco mode about 75 mph, went over 2 mountain passes, skirack on the roof, snow tires on-
117 miles round trip, used 76kWh (83% SoC used up), so 1.53 miles/kWh. This includes one stop at the mountain where the car got cold and I had to restart it...
after getting home, I charged the car from 17%-100% (76 kWh for 83%). Seems like more kWh goes into the vehicle in the last 10% or so...

I would be interested if there are any other owners out there driving in winter conditions with snow tires and roof rack, anyone else get similar driving efficiency? 1.53 m/kWh is about 42% less than the epa stated 2.6-2.7. After talking with friends with telsas, they confirm that winter driving can take a 30-50% hit on efficiency.

Battery seems to be charging well, so I might wait until warmer temps and my summer tires to pass judgement...
Under those conditions, that is what I would expect

·
Registered
91 Posts

The range depends on two factors, battery capacity and energyc consumption efficiency. Your new battery seems to be perfect, 76/83%=91.57kWh, more than specified 90kWh capacity (could be added reg kWh). Your efficiency was low but it depends on many factors and seems to be normal as others indicated. My question is, how much battery capacity degrading did you see in the past few months? I remember that there was a debate whether your car got a bad battery to start with or something else in the car kills it. It should provide some clue by now and that will be helpful in many ways. Thanks.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts