Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Almost ready to close the deal on a used 2019 I-Pace with 9k miles at a local non Jaguar dealer. It is the EV400 HSE First Edition in Red. It was listed at $59k, and I got them down to $56k, but because there are so few of these cars for sale in the US it is hard to tell if this is a good deal. KBB has a rang from $52.7k to $60.7k

Any thoughts on what this car should cost me?
Located in Southern California

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
Sounds pretty good to me. Make sure the battery is good; have them run a battery report on each of the 36 modules, it's standard stuff they know how to do. You want better than 90% State of Health, preferably 95% or better. And insist on having all the software updated to latest version and SOTA enabled. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I would ask for a Carfax to ensure the car isn't a lemon or was in a major accident.

Sciencegeek is right about a battery health report but since you're buying from a non-Jaguar dealer you might have to take the car to a Jaguar dealer. I highly recommend it for any EV that a consumer is considering. It would be worth the cost of the report and I would make it a condition for the purchase.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I purchased practically the same car back in August from an Audi dealership but with double the miles. I got them down below 50K, but again the milage was significantly higher and it is more of a buyers market for EVs here in Florida.

Sounds like a fair price. I would point out that I could find demo models with lesser trim levels being sold with new car warranties for about $59k, so I used that to negotiate the price down a bit.

·
Registered
2020 Firenze Red SE, 9/2019 Build
55 Posts
Picked up the car this weekend. The state of health for the battery was 98%. Thanks everyone for you advice, now to learn how and when to charge!
Congrats! I got mine delivered at the end of Oct and loving it! My battery health report before delivery was 95% on my 2020 SE. Post some pics!

On charging, I like to set my EVSE for my time of use (TOU) periods of lower electric rates rather than set them in the vehicles since we use the charger (2015 Juicebox Pro 40) for both cars. I can change the times via an app on my phone quite easily We have a 2019 BMW i3s and the I-Pace. Here in TX, our rates are $0.049/kWh off-peak and $0.145/kWh peak. Times change with the seasons here however I know how lucky our rates are compared to southern CA. I saw the other day that a YouTuber in LA said his off-peak rate was $0.15/kWh. It’s kinda like gas in TX vs CA. I drove past a gas station last night that was $1.84 for regular and $1.99 for diesel. Pre-COVID, we would regularly visit Seattle and LA and always compare gas prices.

it’s hitting me that I don’t have to go to a gas station anymore unless I get a rental.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
51 Posts
Electricity is only $0.094/kWh here in Tennessee although ~25% of that is derived from coal. Which is why the family calls my I-Pace the "coal-powered car."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts