Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up my 2019 Photon Red
First Edition on 12/23. I鈥檝e been researching EV and Hybrids for a long time and many long discussions with my Hubby, we decided on the I-pace.
Ours was a demo unit that we got for a great price but still decided to lease...just in case馃槈.
The dealer told us that there鈥檚 was only one other I-pace registered in our county so at least I know mine will stand out...for now anyway.
So far I鈥檓 loving it and my Hubby insists that it鈥檚 my car so I鈥檓 always driving 馃槏
We always customize our rides and Hubby is already looking at decals etc to really make my car stand out.
I鈥檝e been reading this site a lot and look forward to having my questions answered because I know I鈥檒l have many.

Registered
Welcome and congratulations on the car. Excellent choice on the FE

Please post pictures

Registered
Hello fellow Washington state member, I am in Seattle, work in Redmond. My Santorini Black 2019 FE is the only I-Pace I have seen so far in 4500 miles of driving, and 3.5 months of ownership. Love the car.

Attachments

Registered
Welcome and great choice. I also picked up a photon red FE demo in September - reckoned that if the dealership VP had no problems with it for a few hundred miles then I probably wouldn't either. I can echo EV Cat - 3 1/2 months of driving, ~5k miles and no other electric cats seen in the wild here on the east coast.
Let us see any decals you find - the black leaping cat that one of the forum members posted a few months back was great.

Registered
We picked up my 2019 Photon Red
First Edition on 12/23. I鈥檝e been researching EV and Hybrids for a long time and many long discussions with my Hubby, we decided on the I-pace.
Ours was a demo unit that we got for a great price but still decided to lease...just in case馃槈.
The dealer told us that there鈥檚 was only one other I-pace registered in our county so at least I know mine will stand out...for now anyway.
So far I鈥檓 loving it and my Hubby insists that it鈥檚 my car so I鈥檓 always driving 馃槏
We always customize our rides and Hubby is already looking at decals etc to really make my car stand out.
I鈥檝e been reading this site a lot and look forward to having my questions answered because I know I鈥檒l have many.
If I recall correctly McRat has some sharp decals added to his red I-Pace....

Registered
Requested pic! At home and at the beach, because we love the water and must have beach pics.
Gorgeous. The 5069 22" wheels look perfect on it
I was gettting the exact spec.

Enjoy

Registered
22"s are the best ever. No matter what anyone says, they look mah-ve-lous. I made the mistake of damaging the rear lid so when the new on came in, I got a carbon fiber wrap ( instead of white) on the spoiler. That carbon fiber is sweet

Registered
I live on the south side of Seattle and also picked up a Photon Red First Edition over the christmas break.

Sadly, in the two weeks I've owned it I have had a rash of issues, culminating with a High Voltage System Fault when charging on Sunday night. The car wouldn't go anywhere, just a "thump thump thump" sound when hitting the accelerator while in reverse.

The error cleared about an hour later and I was able to drive it home, but needless to say, I'm pretty angry. Ok, angry is an understatement.

The dealership is going to give me a loaner but said they won't even be able to LOOK at it for at least a week. This is absurd. I feel like I should have went with my gut and bought a Tesla. I could sell the thing but I'd be taking at least a $5000 haircut on top of all the money I'd lose on the trade in of my beloved XF. :/

Super Moderator
I live on the south side of Seattle and also picked up a Photon Red First Edition over the christmas break.

Sadly, in the two weeks I've owned it I have had a rash of issues, culminating with a High Voltage System Fault when charging on Sunday night. The car wouldn't go anywhere, just a "thump thump thump" sound when hitting the accelerator while in reverse.

The error cleared about an hour later and I was able to drive it home, but needless to say, I'm pretty angry. Ok, angry is an understatement.

The dealership is going to give me a loaner but said they won't even be able to LOOK at it for at least a week. This is absurd. I feel like I should have went with my gut and bought a Tesla. I could sell the thing but I'd be taking at least a $5000 haircut on top of all the money I'd lose on the trade in of my beloved XF. :/
That really sucks. Was this a new vehicle, how many miles were on it when you got it?

Super Moderator
To echo what PS702 said in another thread, it's unconscionable that the dealer didn't pick up on those issues.
Also agree with Deutsch that they should make sure you have all software upgrades.
I'm afraid some patience and detailed documenting, while not being in what should be your awesome car, is in your immediate future.

Super Moderator
Oh one more thing. Did you get in writing that this was a demo car? Or was it a buyback? You need to ask that question because buybacks are averted lemons.

Registered
After explaining to a salesman in Bellevue why I wanted the textile interior I later got a text stating I should just get seat covers. He then tried to sell me one of several demo models they were receiving. He also told me there were zero vehicles available with the interior I want (I found a dozen searching myself) and that ordering what I wanted would require a $10K non-refundable downpayment. Wasn't impressed with anyone local.

Super Moderator
To echo what PS702 said in another thread, it's unconscionable that the dealer didn't pick up on those issues.
Also agree with Deutsch that they should make sure you have all software upgrades.
I'm afraid some patience and detailed documenting, while not being in what should be your awesome car, is in your immediate future.
I'm not so sure blaming the dealer for failing to pick up issues is appropriate, as it is entirely possible the issues never surfaced before (or am I missing some information?). I believe my car had ~4000 miles on it when I had the Traction Battery Fault error with the car stutter hopping when I tried to move. Luckily for me I was in the parking lot of my destination when it happened, so i just left the car parked until after the hockey game was over and it had miraculously cured itself. This forum is filled with others with similar mysterious problems that crop up and resolve and most of those people have thousands of miles on their cars. Only a handful have had issues at the low end of mileage.

Registered
I also bought my I-PACE at the Bellevue dealership in February 2019. No problems whatsoever. The last time I had it in the shop for a recall, the service center rep told me, "You got one of the good ones."

Although I'll be the first to admit that I took a huge risk in buying the very first attempt at a BEV by Jaguar. My co-worker bought a first-year Model S back in the 2012/2013 time frame, and I bought a first-year Model X in 2016, and they both had their share of problems. There was a period of about 6 months or so when my Model X wouldn't actually start for almost a full minute after getting in and hitting the brake (which "starts" the car), and that mysteriously resolved itself from some random OTA update.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts