Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

Just picked up 2019 HSE in Indus silver w Mars Red leather interior and 21,450 Kms. I’m enjoying the car overall but struggling with range anxiety. I have had the car for about 5 days and seem the range is all over the place. I’m assuming its the cold Toronto winter and the fact I don’t have a level 2 charger installed yet. Fortunately I have a free level 3 charger nearby but since free always busy…first world problems.

I came from my Porsche macan and was planning to trade it for the I-Pace but decided to hold off for now as I need an ICE vehicle as I commute a lot from end of the city to the other. Hoping the range anxiety goes away and I can sell the Macan.

Compare the two vehicles is night and day. Both are enjoyable to drive but different personalities. I miss the rumble of the Porsche but I love the zero lag and the tech in I-Pace.

I’ve been browsing the forums and been very informative.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
I was debating between a macan S and I pace. Glad I chose the I pace but I’m sure I would’ve been happy with a macan as well. Jealous that you have both!

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
Are you talking about the actual range or the wild guess-of-meters displayed?

Since you bought it used, you should reset the GOM so it adapts to your style of driving. Charge the battery to 100%, power on the vehicle (without foot on brake), simultaneously press the brake and go pedals all the way, hold them there for at least 10 seconds and the GOM should reset to a high guess. Release the pedals after that and you're good to go. The GOM display will drop as it adapts to you and operating conditions.

The GOM will vary quite a bit based on outside temperatures. I can charge my cat to 100% in my garage and get a GOM of 245 miles (as an example), back out into 15-25F temps, and drive it about a mile and the GOM drops about 20 miles. Some of that is use of the cabin heat and some is adapting its guessing due to the external temps. It is only a guess of range and not reliable for reality.

· Registered
678 Posts
I would not worry too much about the GOM in the car but I would do a first quick test on a fast charger : a 10% to 80% charge and note how much kwh you put in the battery, then extrapolate to 100% out of this 70%. With a battery in good shape you should have around 82-84 kwh. Second thing to do is to display on the main screen behind the steering wheel the auto trip display (not trip A nor B, but auto). You will always have the average consumption of your trip in real time. These days you should have something like 27kwh/100km. Then you can easily do the math in real-time: battery capacity divided by consumption * 100 = approximate range. I.e. 84/27*100=311km.

· Registered
2023 Jaguar I-Pace HSE Santori Black
23 Posts
I just got an I-Pace last October. I traded a 2017 Porche Macan Turbo for it as I couldn't justify keeping both vehicles. I know what you mean about the two personalities. I actually don't really miss the Porche like I thought I might, I really like the zero lag in the i-Pace like you mentioned though the Macan would move once the turbo kicked in. I put in a L2 charger in my garage right away to try and avoid the range anxiety lol. Now I can have a full tank in the car every time I leave the garage if I want, or leave it for a few trips, I like not having to look for chargers. The cold really does affect the range however I have heating in my garage that keeps it at about 5 deg C all winter which I think helps as I keep forgetting to precondition the battery before leaving. I haven't had mine in the summer yet so haven't experienced the normal range yet. It is funny, since I have a charger in the garage and can always keep it charged I haven't even really tried to figure out what range I'm getting in the winter, I just drive it.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
I just got an I-Pace last October. I traded a 2017 Porche Macan Turbo for it as I couldn't justify keeping both vehicles. I know what you mean about the two personalities. I actually don't really miss the Porche like I thought I might, I really like the zero lag in the i-Pace like you mentioned though the Macan would move once the turbo kicked in. I put in a L2 charger in my garage right away to try and avoid the range anxiety lol. Now I can have a full tank in the car every time I leave the garage if I want, or leave it for a few trips, I like not having to look for chargers. The cold really does affect the range however I have heating in my garage that keeps it at about 5 deg C all winter which I think helps as I keep forgetting to precondition the battery before leaving. I haven't had mine in the summer yet so haven't experienced the normal range yet. It is funny, since I have a charger in the garage and can always keep it charged I haven't even really tried to figure out what range I'm getting in the winter, I just drive it.
Yeah. Once I got a L2 charger installed I didn’t have to think about range. I feel like I can’t comment on all these range questions because I only have a vague idea of what my range is. I just charge when it gets below 30%. That ends up being every 3 days or so based upon my routine.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was debating between a macan S and I pace. Glad I chose the I pace but I’m sure I would’ve been happy with a macan as well. Jealous that you have both!
We love the Macan, but the I Pace in the short period of ownership has become the favorite and such a fun ride. Sadly will most likely part with the Macan as it would be a shame sitting on the driveway. Maybe the Macan EV is in our future :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you talking about the actual range or the wild guess-of-meters displayed?

Since you bought it used, you should reset the GOM so it adapts to your style of driving. Charge the battery to 100%, power on the vehicle (without foot on brake), simultaneously press the brake and go pedals all the way, hold them there for at least 10 seconds and the GOM should reset to a high guess. Release the pedals after that and you're good to go. The GOM display will drop as it adapts to you and operating conditions.

The GOM will vary quite a bit based on outside temperatures. I can charge my cat to 100% in my garage and get a GOM of 245 miles (as an example), back out into 15-25F temps, and drive it about a mile and the GOM drops about 20 miles. Some of that is use of the cabin heat and some is adapting its guessing due to the external temps. It is only a guess of range and not reliable for reality.
That’s why i love these forums, the members are so much more informed than the stealerships. We have all experienced the joys and tribulations of ownership are willing to share with the community. As always appreciate the advice.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Macan was actually on the BOS for trade in but backed away last minute. The dealer wasn’t giving what it was worth and I think I can sell it privately once range anxiety ceases and my level 2 is installed. I will miss the exhaust notes and being able to do performance upgrades like I did with the Macan. But I guess along with saving gas money I will saving money not tuning the I pace.

· Registered
1,095 Posts
I was looking forward to the macan EV as well! But at this point there are so many EVs coming out that’s I’ve stopped following that one.

I do miss the exhaust note as well. I initially drove with the Active Sound Design on Calm but now I drive with it in Dynamic. The Sound isn’t noticeable to me in Comfort but when I put the drive into Dynamic then I can hear it nicely!

When cruising on the highway at night it feels like I’m driving a spaceship!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts