Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE EV400 SE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, but finally a member because I just got the grey 2020 at the Lehi dealership that has been sitting for awhile at a great discount. Had a bit of a bumpy start because when I first took it home and stopped to take the obligatory celebration photos... I couldn't turn the car back on! It had a restricted driving mode error. Anyway the dealership took it in and apparently it just needed a full charge and software update? Fingers crossed!

My last car was a stick shift GTI and nothing else out there was able to get me out of that car until this came along :) I'm obsessing over any information I find now. I guess that is par the course for an ipace owner!

·
Registered
X2, I-Pace
23 Posts
Welcome! In the same boat as you with obsessing over information, lol! Hope you have better luck in the future with your I-Pace.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE EV400 SE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't say lucky me actually. I went to meet a friend for dinner and the car stopped again with restricted driving mode error and wouldn't move again!! This time my car was halfway sticking out onto the street! Luckily we had my friend's wife sit in the car to turn it into neutral and then we pushed the car in. After dinner I was able to drive home.

I'm starting to think they only offered a good price because there's something wrong and they knew. Instead of range anxiety now I have anxiety if the car will ever start...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I wouldn't say lucky me actually. I went to meet a friend for dinner and the car stopped again with restricted driving mode error and wouldn't move again!! This time my car was halfway sticking out onto the street! Luckily we had my friend's wife sit in the car to turn it into neutral and then we pushed the car in. After dinner I was able to drive home.

I'm starting to think they only offered a good price because there's something wrong and they knew. Instead of range anxiety now I have anxiety if the car will ever start...
Apply the software updates. Heck, if the car has been sitting, a weak battery might even cause issues.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
689 Posts
Apply the software updates. Heck, if the car has been sitting, a weak battery might even cause issues.
I'm beginning to feel that many of these issues that are being reported here are due to the 12v batteries sitting for long periods, often w/o charging from the main battery for months.
Do we know what the draw on the 12v system is when the car is turn on to display the dash and features to buyers/friends etc? How many of us have sat in our driveways/garages "playing with the buttons" excessively when we first got the car?
From JLR's guidelines the 12v batteries charge slowly from the traction battery (they recommend taking kitty for a 1hr drive if 12v is low). A weak or corrupted 12v battery sounds like a very likely diagnosis.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE EV400 SE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it could be the parking lock actuator, it seems to check out

Edit: Jag did do a full update, and I check there's no additional software update.

But I actually haven't had time to play in the car. When I got the car back on saturday afternoon we drove around running errands and it was fine. Then sunday it sat in the garage all day until I drove 16 miles to meet a friend for dinner. Being new to the car dimensions I parked, got out and was like.. aww, I parked like a goof. So I went back in the car to try to fix it and got the error - and because the parking was sloped up hill, I initially thought it was starting to reverse. By that time it was too late and my car butt was sticking out halfway onto the street /facepalm

I'm taking it in first thing tuesday - got too many meetings today. I'll update here so in case other people have this problem they are aware.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE EV400 SE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Control valve for the coolant pump was broken and thus replaced. Local dealer had to phone home to HQ to verify the fix because they just don't see a lot of i-paces.

The broken control valve is what diverts the coolant back to the electric motors. They said the car did store the error. This means the first time around when I brought it in - they likely didn't read the car's logs and just did the software update. They are going to test it today when it gets hotter and I should hopefully be getting it back later in the afternoon.

Days since purchased: 7
Days in shop: 5 😂

·
Registered
X2, I-Pace
23 Posts
Hope your experience gets better! Just curious if this is your car? It is grey and from Salt Lake City:

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace HSE
18 Posts
Welcome! Glad you’ve found the potential cause. I bought mine last year from the Lehi dealer when they were still in Centerville. Traded a ‘15 Mustang GT 6 speed. Honestly I haven’t even missed it, the I-Pace is a blast, and does a heck of a lot better in the snow!

The car has some oddities, but you’ll love it once you get it back and settle in.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE EV400 SE
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome! Glad you’ve found the potential cause. I bought mine last year from the Lehi dealer when they were still in Centerville. Traded a ‘15 Mustang GT 6 speed. Honestly I haven’t even missed it, the I-Pace is a blast, and does a heck of a lot better in the snow!

The car has some oddities, but you’ll love it once you get it back and settle in.
Thanks! Yes that is why I had to give up my beloved little GTI since it actually snows here (where I lived previously there are two seasons: hot and hotter). I got the crossbars and the ski holder. I cannot wait til winter!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts