Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
672 Posts
Congrats. I got mine this Tues. Agree...looks and feels amazing!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Test drove the Model X and Model S. To my option, it felt as if I was driving a glorified golf cart. Handling was different due to the distance from driver seat and front wheels. Perhaps something I was not use to. But very good range. Once I sat down in the Jag, it was totally different feeling. In today's market, No car manufacturer should EVER call their cars luxury if they dont offer seat ventilation. This is Arizona, I can fry an egg on the side walk during summers ?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Test drove the Model X and Model S. To my option, it felt as if I was driving a glorified golf cart. Handling was different due to the distance from driver seat and front wheels. Perhaps something I was not use to. But very good range. Once I sat down in the Jag, it was totally different feeling. In today's market, No car manufacturer should EVER call their cars luxury if they dont offer seat ventilation. This is Arizona, I can fry an egg on the side walk during summers ?
Tesla is a great car, but because of what you point out, an S should be a $50k car, 3 a $26k car.
I don't consider a car luxy because it has an EV drive train
I-PACE is a luxury car, with very unique looks that happens to be an EV.

100% agree on the ventilated seats

·
Registered
35 Posts
I sat in the Model X in a mall in PA and was not impressed with the the build quality. I kept opening and closing the passenger door listening for the loud clunk each time the door closed. The young 20 something sales folks didn't have an answer when I asked about the sound from the door. Every time I close the door on the Jag it just sounds like a well made car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had an Audi Q5 Premium before the I-Pace. The I-Pace made the Audi look like a low end commuter car. I have never had a car before where even the dashboard was leather, the window ledges are leather, instead of some plastic part. The I-Pace is a beautiful car, and drives and feels incredible.

I will admit, I am always a bit on alert waiting for the infamous high voltage battery fault error message, but so far in about 4200 miles in about 3 months the car has worked flawlessly. Software updates over the air are working great (already have 19C on the car). I have had all of the following applied by my dealer with no issues, and today Topix listed that H264 is now available as well, so I will be scheduling for that as soon as the dealer can get the car in for the update.

These have all been applied (with no issues afterwards), and I look forward to when the H264 update can be applied:

H207 - HOOD LATCH AND CABLE
H213 - REGENERATIVE BRAKING SYSTEM NON-COMPLIANCE
H221 - INSTALL NEW CHARGE PORT LABEL
H228 - SOFTWARE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME
H237 - INSTRUMENT PACK CLUSTER UPDATE

·
Registered
39 Posts
H237 changed the instrument cluster, I now have the straight green bar for the GoM located in the middle of the right hand dial (which I do prefer rather than the original curved bar at the bottom of the dial, just my opinion). (I still wish the green bar just gave a readout of the % of state of charge left in the battery, no different than the fuel gauge in any ICE car, the GoM is useless, and confuses the heck out of new owners, just let people know how much charge is left in the battery.)

·
Registered
893 Posts
I had an Audi Q5 Premium before the I-Pace. The I-Pace made the Audi look like a low end commuter car. I have never had a car before where even the dashboard was leather, the window ledges are leather, instead of some plastic part. The I-Pace is a beautiful car, and drives and feels incredible.

I will admit, I am always a bit on alert waiting for the infamous high voltage battery fault error message, but so far in about 4200 miles in about 3 months the car has worked flawlessly. Software updates over the air are working great (already have 19C on the car). I have had all of the following applied by my dealer with no issues, and today Topix listed that H264 is now available as well, so I will be scheduling for that as soon as the dealer can get the car in for the update.

These have all been applied (with no issues afterwards), and I look forward to when the H264 update can be applied:

H207 - HOOD LATCH AND CABLE
H213 - REGENERATIVE BRAKING SYSTEM NON-COMPLIANCE
H221 - INSTALL NEW CHARGE PORT LABEL
H228 - SOFTWARE ENHANCEMENT PROGRAMME
H237 - INSTRUMENT PACK CLUSTER UPDATE
The one option that was very important for me was the full leather upgrade that you are referring to. I don't understand why this isn't standard of you have the Windsor leather package.
Without the full leather upgrade, it's some other material
Unfortunately, my car didn't have that option

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
300 Posts
I would have gotten the full leather option, IF the leather on the dash would have been black even if you have the Siena Tan leather option. Putting Sienna Tan on the dash just didn’t give the right look because there is so much of it at that point.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I would have gotten the full leather option, IF the leather on the dash would have been black even if you have the Siena Tan leather option. Putting Sienna Tan on the dash just didn’t give the right look because there is so much of it at that point.
Very true. The Mars Red is the has the red leather on the passenger side too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts