Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely have anyone in the back seats. But recently everyone that has rode back there complains that it’s too hot. I wish I had ordered the climate zone option but I did not. According to the manual I still have control for the rear climate. But my display screen has no toggle to switch from back to front. The two little vents on the side pillar barely put out any air. Anybody have the same problem or possible suggestion?

·
Registered
412 Posts
The only thing I've figured out about the back seats is that the climate control in smart mode only works back there if people put their seatbelts on. Otherwise, it doesn't know anyone is back there. Really poor design.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not sure that's true. My I Pace shows, on the dash, which seats are occupied AND which have their seatbelts on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll have to do some research on the seat belts. I’m sure they were buckled up, will test later. The screen display shown in the manual shows a toggle for switching front to back, my display is missing the toggle switch shown. Since my last post I’ve experimented with shutting down the vents, no luck. However no one was in the back seat. Still looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks gbillcb - as does mine. But I have the 4-zone climate control, so I can't speak to the other configuration. Which climate control do you have gbillcb?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks gbillcb - as does mine. But I have the 4-zone climate control, so I can't speak to the other configuration. Which climate control do you have gbillcb?
I too have the 4 zone, and of course none of the seat heaters work unless a bum is in the seat.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Interesting. In my car the front seats work if someone is just sitting in them. However, the rear seats don't work that way. They need a seatbelt or they don't turn on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts