Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Ford owner has used a program called Forscan to activate the ford matrix lighting system. If the US law allows this, has anybody been able to do this on an I-Pace?

This information can from the below YouTube video:

· Registered
286 Posts
Yes the US law has changed and these matrix headlights are in theory becoming legal. I am not sure on the details or roll out, but in the big picture they will be allowed in some form going forward. I don't know if it's just a software difference on the I-pace - the headlights on my 2019 don't look like matrix lights to me.

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,273 Posts

· Registered
1,904 Posts
The laptop, software, dongle, subscriptions, and access to turn on matrix headlights for the I-Pace cost 3500 gbp back in February. It's probably gone up in price, even if the pound dropped. Theoretically an independent shop that can do keys might also have the right system for this, but it's unlikely. So doable but expensive as ****.

· Registered
134 Posts
My Mercedes 2022 GLS450 has active matrix headlights, they work great, will light up the road around the car in front of me but not directly into their rear window or side mirrors. Or it will light up just the right side if a car is coming on the left side.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
My Mercedes 2022 GLS450 has active matrix headlights, they work great, will light up the road around the car in front of me but not directly into their rear window or side mirrors. Or it will light up just the right side if a car is coming on the left side.
wait MBZ has already qualified their matrix headlights for US? What is taking Audi and JLR so long?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts