Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually love this car, but my commute has totally changed and I don't need an expensive car any more with all the traffic and autopilot gadgets this thing has, so I rather just turn it in and drive my beater. Has anyone done this yet? If so, what kind of number did they give you to pay it off? I just got mine a few months ago so my lease payoff is like 90K. I believe they make you pay the difference between wholesale and the lease payoff.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
I actually love this car, but my commute has totally changed and I don't need an expensive car any more with all the traffic and autopilot gadgets this thing has, so I rather just turn it in and drive my beater. Has anyone done this yet? If so, what kind of number did they give you to pay it off? I just got mine a few months ago so my lease payoff is like 90K. I believe they make you pay the difference between wholesale and the lease payoff.
The only answer that matters is the one your leasing company gives. Call them.
I would guess wholesale to be low to mid $50k, so be prepared to pay an awful lot for a few months of driving.

·
Registered
546 Posts
The only answer that matters is the one your leasing company gives. Call them.
I would guess wholesale to be low to mid $50k, so be prepared to pay an awful lot for a few months of driving.
Wholesale is low 50s to high 40s for a low mile HSE

Did you lease trough Chase?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Just sell the lease to someone else. Lease Trader or some other site. Be prepared to lose some money.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Then your only sensible move is to ride out the lease. You can try talking to the dealer or JLR to see what they'll do, of course, but this is going to be expensive.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
How about posting all specs and current mileage etc on this forum to see if any lurkers might be interested in taking over the lease? [I don't know if that's an option with your leasing company or if JLR will not allow this either]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts