Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this device? Appleinsider said it worked really well but wondering if anyone with a JLR product has tried it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My very good friend bought one for his 2019 Toyota RAV4 hybrid. It was really buggy and had some continual issues with syncing and connection quality. After 2-3 weeks of working with it, he removed it and went back to his wired connection.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it was this exact unit? There are competitors that supposedly don't work very well but this one is supposed to be unique.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm exactly sure. I was the guy who recommended it to him after I saw it on a few auto websites. It was a disappointment.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a huge shame. I was really hoping this could be a good solution! I hate wires....

Reactions: dtgsrq

·
Registered
139 Posts
I wrote to the maker as they do not list any JLR vehicles as compatible. They said they were testing it and hoped to support them at some point. Reviews I have subsequently read are not encouraging, though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
After a couple of days in my Defender, it works pretty seamlessly. I ran into an issue early on, but it was corrected by turning my phone’s BT off and back on.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I just got one. It works...most of the time. Sometimes it has problem connecting, but cancelling and manually selecting works as others have noted. Once or twice it failed to be seen as a CarPlay device but unplugging and plugging it in resolved it.

All in all I would recommend, specially for not having a wire coming out of the center console and not putting the phone in there.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Mine has been flawless and I ordered it as soon as I got notice that the I-Pace had been added to the compatibility list. The only negative thing I've noted, and it's not a biggie, is that the connection time varies from almost instantly to a minute or so. Otherwise the unit has worked beautifully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts