Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading about the Hankook EV tires. Has anyone had experience with them? Are they available in the US? I will be in the market soon (again!!) and am very interested in something other than the Goodyears. In the 6 years I have been driving EVs, I have never gotten more than 20k miles on a set of tires, so I am hopeful that an EV specific tire will be an improvement.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Don’t have much experience with Hankook. Haven’t used them in 15 years when I had a coupe. Loved the handling. Not so much the road noise and wear. But that was a long time ago.

Pirelli makes their Pzero line of tires specific for EVs as well. You might want to look into that.

·
Registered
732 Posts
There are reports on the Lucid and Taycan forums of sidewall bubbles with the Pirelli Pzero. All covered under warranty, but annoying.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm on my second set of 22" PZeros. No sidewall problems. And they last longer, than the slightly harder Hankooks I had on my Ford Focus Electric. I would burn out a set of Hankooks in 17,000 miles, like clockwork. on the Ford.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don’t think you’ll get more total usage out of an EV tire, but you should get lower rolling resistance which should translate into better range. No idea if their EVs are available in the US, but Hankook does make a good tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts