Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I just joined the forum but have been an I-Pace owner since May of 2019.
I took my car into the dealer to have the H264 software update. (Also H228, 207 and 221 apparently.)
After three days of issues and the dealer trying to get a response from JLR I am being told that H264 is now being updated to H269 and it has failed two times and they will need to have a web X with Jaguar to diagnose the issue. Also, it might need a new IMC module.
Does anyone know about H269 or had these same issues? My "2 hour update" has turned into a minimum week rental of a Jaguar XE (ugh).
I was very happy with the car prior to this.
Thanks!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi there. I just joined the forum but have been an I-Pace owner since May of 2019.
I took my car into the dealer to have the H264 software update. (Also H228, 207 and 221 apparently.)
After three days of issues and the dealer trying to get a response from JLR I am being told that H264 is now being updated to H269 and it has failed two times and they will need to have a web X with Jaguar to diagnose the issue. Also, it might need a new IMC module.
Does anyone know about H269 or had these same issues? My "2 hour update" has turned into a minimum week rental of a Jaguar XE (ugh).
I was very happy with the car prior to this.
Thanks!
My dealer told me a few weeks ago that new updates to the TCU and BMU are coming soon. He didn't tell me the campaign # but said he was pretty sure the updates will be available through SOTA for anyone who had the H264 update.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Since my car is Pre-H264 I'm wondering if you have to have 264 to upgrade to H269?
It will depend on the updates in H269 if that is even the campaign #. Everything is rumor from service departments. I see nothing in TopiX with H269 listed yet. I see you're on the U.K. forum so keep an eye open there as they get the releases before we do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H269? Does it even exist?

The car was originally dropped off on 2/3 so I am 10 days in and no response from the service department since last Friday.
I did open a case with Jaguar. My issue with them was don't tell me it is a 2 hour update and then have no idea what is going on five days later.
When I told one CS rep the car was working perfectly prior to it being dropped off she jokingly said "You probably wish that letter got lost in the mail." I agreed and we both laughed. They are being supportive but admit they have little power to do anything at this point.
Glad everyone is loving their H264 update and thanks for reading my mini-rant.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
850 Posts
The car was originally dropped off on 2/3 so I am 10 days in and no response from the service department since last Friday.
I did open a case with Jaguar. My issue with them was don't tell me it is a 2 hour update and then have no idea what is going on five days later.
When I told one CS rep the car was working perfectly prior to it being dropped off she jokingly said "You probably wish that letter got lost in the mail." I agreed and we both laughed. They are being supportive but admit they have little power to do anything at this point.
Glad everyone is loving their H264 update and thanks for reading my mini-rant.
It took 5 business days for the dealer to install the an update back in November on mine because SOTA didn't work. It took several interactions between Jaguar tech support and the dealer tech until they got it fed into the cat. Allegedly they had to replace an antenna to get it to work although no such replacement was recorded in the paperwork. Those interactions take time. "Try this", "Didn't work", "Send us this info", "Try this", "Didn't work", "Send us this other info", "Try this" … and eventually it worked.

Fortunately H264 took a couple of hours, but then the car sat at the dealer 3 days (one of them New Year's Day) due to the car not locking from the outside or fobs. A deep sleep fixed the locking problem on its own.

I wish you luck that this is resolved soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not H269, now H264

Day 16. The car is still at the dealer.
H269 is not an update for the I-Pace but for their systems (supposedly).

Got a text saying they are now waiting for approval for a new "TCM" from JLR and then he called it a "transmission control unit".
Wow.
14 days to a lemon.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Day 16. The car is still at the dealer.
H269 is not an update for the I-Pace but for their systems (supposedly).

Got a text saying they are now waiting for approval for a new "TCM" from JLR and then he called it a "transmission control unit".
Wow.
14 days to a lemon.
Hi gimmerOC - The thread start was that you had brought the car in for the H264 software update, which basically tweaks the battery buffer and some acceleration parameters in ECO and Comfort mode to squeeze out a little extra distance in the battery. Were you experiencing any other problems? I ask because there are modules with similar acronyms that do very different things.

The TCM is a Transmission Control Module which is used to communicate whether the car is in Park, Neutral, Drive, or Reverse. Depending upon the position, it affects the cameras, sensors, ABS breaking system (electronic park), etc. This might get updated with H264, but the campaign is not clear.

The TCU is the Telematics Control Unit, which is a major communications point in the car's communication network. It's part of the High Speed Controller Area Network that interacts with 9 other modules. I would think they suspect a problem in the TCU and not the TCM. Let me paste a description from the workshop manual which explains what the Telematics system is.

Telematics is a system of devices and features which communicate with other devices or with human users. The telematics system is a combination of built-in mobile connectivity, global satellite location information and vehicle network communications. The telematics features are often branded under the name InControl™.

The system is controlled by a Telematics Control Module (TCU). The TCU is integrated into the vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) systems. The TCU communicates with the vehicle infotainment system via the Body Control Module/Gateway Module (BCM/GWM).

The TCU is connected to the Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) via the BroadR-Reach® Ethernet.

The telematics system provides features so the driver can remotely connect to the vehicle via mobile communications network. The driver can view information from the vehicle and can send instructions to the vehicle.

These include:

Emergency call (eCall)
Breakdown call (bCall)
'Secure Tracker'
InControl™ remote smartphone app.

The telematics system also features an in-vehicle WiFi hotspot using access to the mobile phone network.

For the WiFi hotspot to work, the user provided micro Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) card must be inserted into the front portable media interface panel.

Pro Services
'Pro Services' further enhance the infotainment capabilities to deliver an even richer and more connected experience.

The internet connection is provided by the Telematics Control Module (TCU), using the customer provided micro SIM card.

NOTES

Many of these 'Pro Services' are dependent on a data connection and availability is market dependent.
'Pro Services' is an optional feature in several markets as part of the 'Connect Pro' pack.
'Pro Services' supports the following enhanced system features in selected markets:

Real time traffic flow
Door to door routing
Cloud synchronization
Online search
Satellite view
Street level imagery
Online routing
Fuel price service
Parking service
Live Applications.

Either way, both modules are pretty easy to replace once they get a new one. The location of each are in easy to reach areas of the vehicle and they take very little effort to connect back into the bus. The biggest delay is waiting for the parts to be received by JLR. Good luck.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car was actually running perfectly prior to taking it in for H264.
Thanks so much for the descriptions from the workshop manual. I am waiting to hear back from the service advisor to find out exactly what they think the issue is.
I agree with you that they think there is an issue with the TCU which may have actually prevented them from performing the update (H264).
I am also suspecting that was the first time for this dealer to try to install H264.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
105 Posts
The car was actually running perfectly prior to taking it in for H264.
Thanks so much for the descriptions from the workshop manual. I am waiting to hear back from the service advisor to find out exactly what they think the issue is.
I agree with you that they think there is an issue with the TCU which may have actually prevented them from performing the update (H264).
I am also suspecting that was the first time for this dealer to try to install H264.
Thanks again!

This is my biggest fear of ever bringing my car to a dealer - The odds are always against the owner and even if the fix the problem, you still have the hurdles the car gets out of the dealer without any scratches or marred interior. I wish you the best of luck and a quick recovery!

Mike

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday for these updates.
Have not heard anything, so looks like it's more involved.
I think I will stop by in person to get the scoop.:frown2:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm sorry, that has to be frustrating. I took mine last week for an 8:00 am appointment, just waited there and car was updated and cleaned by 10:15. Just depends on the dealership...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Also sorry to hear about any bad update experiences. I had ~ 5 updates, including 264, done in 1/2 day. So, it is possible for the updates to go smoothly. Hopefully things are worked out soon for those in service.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
684 Posts
It is either car dependent or dealer dependent. I had H264, 3-4 other updates and a recall done in less than 1 business day.

·
Registered
692 Posts
H264 took 5 days and not because there were problems but because the dealer was short on technicians. I was irritated that they didn't tell me prior to the appointment and give me the option to reschedule.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday for these updates.
Have not heard anything, so looks like it's more involved.
I think I will stop by in person to get the scoop.:frown2:
Turns out a hood cable did not show up and something regarding the software
has delayed finishing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts