Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 211 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hang in there, the battery bar indicator is the surest way to know if it's been applied. There's pics on the site, basically it is rounded pre 264 and straight post 264.

I will tell you in my short time I love the car, but I see the dealers are not at all familiar with this car, or electric ones in general. Makes me a little nervous, TBH.
My selling dealer, Hornburg, their Service Dept. is pretty bad. I had awful experiences with them when I bought and serviced my 06 RR Sport and 08 full size RR.

When I took delivery of my new I-Pace in late December 2019, they did not perform a recall and 2-3 software updates...but did shockingly do 19C. They even told me that ALL updates and campaigns were completed successfully.

When I had H264 done on 12/31/19 at Thousand Oaks Jaguar...they told me that Hornburg did not do much when prepping my car :(
T.Oaks Jaguar Land Rover is an incredible servicing dealer. Joshua and Dave are the best of the best!!

The I-Pace scares me too, in terms of what dealers know, don't know and how invested they are in the car. LOVE my car, but I think Jaguar provides better service to ICE cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to bring to the forum's attention a default change made with the H264 update.

I recently had H264 applied at JLR at Cherry Hill, NJ without incident. I am liking the changes thus far.

One problem was that I could no longer select my preferred "driving style" icons at the bottom right of the instrument display.

I thank "iPace Owner Garry" for the solution on YouTube video:

Also, see the following attached photos and instructions to correct:

1. Select "Trip" then scroll down to "Content".
2. Scroll down "Content" to "Driving Style", note H264 defaults to UNCHECK this selection.
3. Check the "Driving style" selection.
4. Use selection button on end of left side steering console lever to select "Driving style" to lower right of instrument display.

I hope this is helpful to those (like me) who like this display arrangement.

It would be nice if JLR provided updates to the owner's manual when these changes are made.

Still, I am loving my I-Pace.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
My selling dealer, Hornburg, their Service Dept. is pretty bad. I had awful experiences with them when I bought and serviced my 06 RR Sport and 08 full size RR.

When I took delivery of my new I-Pace in late December 2019, they did not perform a recall and 2-3 software updates...but did shockingly do 19C. They even told me that ALL updates and campaigns were completed successfully.

When I had H264 done on 12/31/19 at Thousand Oaks Jaguar...they told me that Hornburg did not do much when prepping my car :(
T.Oaks Jaguar Land Rover is an incredible servicing dealer. Joshua and Dave are the best of the best!!

The I-Pace scares me too, in terms of what dealers know, don't know and how invested they are in the car. LOVE my car, but I think Jaguar provides better service to ICE cars.
You're lucky to have options, in SacTown, we only have on Jag dealer. They're nice enough, but I feel like a VERY early adopter...

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
You're lucky to have options, in SacTown, we only have on Jag dealer. They're nice enough, but I feel like a VERY early adopter...
So. California has it's drawbacks, but when it comes to car dealers....it's a jackpot. I think there are at least 5-6 Jaguar dealers within 30 miles of where I live, and there are even more BMW and Mercedes dealers!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
281 Posts
Hang in there, the battery bar indicator is the surest way to know if it's been applied. There's pics on the site, basically it is rounded pre 264 and straight post 264.
No.

The straight post was introduced earlier with the 19C update. I had this before taking the car in for H264 in early Jan.
Service manager used the same line when I picked the car up. I correct him, and he seems surprised.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
276 Posts
It wasn’t the IMC 19C update that did the straight gauge, it was a different campaign (H237 - Instrument Cluster Software Update)

·
Registered
63 Posts
So. California has it's drawbacks, but when it comes to car dealers....it's a jackpot. I think there are at least 5-6 Jaguar dealers within 30 miles of where I live, and there are even more BMW and Mercedes dealers!
SOUTHERN California, not NORTHERN California. Sacramento, anyway. We have one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just did the software update and got 454km on a full charge.
Don't worry, it will come down to earth at some point. Watch the % charge carefully as the range may drop in big chunks unexpectedly so don't use the aspirational GOM value to plan charging septs on any long trips.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I will tell you in my short time I love the car, but I see the dealers are not at all familiar with this car, or electric ones in general. Makes me a little nervous, TBH.
Thank you! So the story was that they had a mysterious glitch that wouldn't allow them to perform the update. Fast forward to Monday when they rebooted their computers and they suddenly saw what I was seeing on Topix; that the H264 campaign was outstanding and they then apologetically applied the update.

I suspect that they aren't familiar and that a more experienced tech came in on Monday and knew better. I saw an immediate increase on the GOM and am still discovering the updates differences. I've had the car for about two months now and have just over 1000 miles on it. I do love the car and it a head turner!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did anyone with WattCat app notice if there was a change in their battery health post H264 update? For comparison purposes I had charged my car to 100% a couple of days before the update and it showed 82.25 kWh capacity and 97% health. After updating my car the dealer had charged the car to 99% and it showed about 81 kWh with 79% health :eek: I am hoping this is just temporary and after I drive a bit and charge the car fully again it will settle down to a "better" number.
Has this issue of the battery health indication (WattCat app) been resolved in the past 4 weeks? Also in summary is there any other negative outcomes to the vehicle after applying the H264 update? Any insights will be appreciated.

·
Registered
608 Posts
v
Has this issue of the battery health indication (WattCat app) been resolved in the past 4 weeks? Also in summary is there any other negative outcomes to the vehicle after applying the H264 update? Any insights will be appreciated.
The battery health issue remains. It's a problem in the API and not WattCat so I have no idea when it will be fixed.

My initial impression of H264 is neutral. My energy consumption has not improved in cold weather - the main focus of the update. My battery charges to 82-83 kWh at 100% where before I saw 78-80 so I suppose I would see the extra range if I drove to near 0% SoC. Others have reported a better drive in Eco mode but I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The battery health issue remains. It's a problem in the API and not WattCat so I have no idea when it will be fixed.

My initial impression of H264 is neutral. My energy consumption has not improved in cold weather - the main focus of the update. My battery charges to 82-83 kWh at 100% where before I saw 78-80 so I suppose I would see the extra range if I drove to near 0% SoC. Others have reported a better drive in Eco mode but I can't tell the difference.
So it sounds like the car shows no significant "breaks" after this upgrade. I am still hesitant since I still get !00% battery health consistently and it puts my mind at ease. Maybe with some therapy I can get through this. Thanks:wink2:

·
Registered
608 Posts
So it sounds like the car shows no significant "breaks" after this upgrade. I am still hesitant since I still get !00% battery health consistently and it puts my mind at ease. Maybe with some therapy I can get through this. Thanks[img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/img]
Perhaps the best reason to get the update is it further unlocks SOTA for battery, TCU and other modules. It will be nice to not do the long drive to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
No.

The straight post was introduced earlier with the 19C update. I had this before taking the car in for H264 in early Jan.
Service manager used the same line when I picked the car up. I correct him, and he seems surprised.
Actually the Instrument Cluster Update has been available since late May 2019 and is not tied to the infotainment updates.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Day 3 after H264 update. No issues, and the I-Pace functions as it did before the update. While not part of H264, I do like the new green bar SOC indicator, especially now that it is front and center, having swapped positions with the GOM, and correspondingly, de-emphasizing the latter. The I-Pace boot-up appears to be faster, but it could be simply wishful thinking on my part. I haven’t accumulated enough miles post H264 to comment on range or efficiency improvements. A good excuse to take a day trip up to Napa Valley, our local wine country.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Day 3 after H264 update. No issues, and the I-Pace functions as it did before the update. While not part of H264, I do like the new green bar SOC indicator, especially now that it is front and center, having swapped positions with the GOM, and correspondingly, de-emphasizing the latter. The I-Pace boot-up appears to be faster, but it could be simply wishful thinking on my part. I haven’t accumulated enough miles post H264 to comment on range or efficiency improvements. A good excuse to take a day trip up to Napa Valley, our local wine country.
While the new green SOC bar is not as elegant and discreet as the old curved design, it is much more clear and I do like it now.

It is not wishful thinking about booting up faster! Also, touch screen response time is greatly improved for me. There is almost no lag when swiping or touching an icon as well. Awesome.

Range is for sure improved H264, but my GoM is strange. Post H264 my GoM range would say 262 miles, 260, 258, 256, etc... (even in very "cold" California temps). It has been over a month and my 100% SOC GoM range is always around 240-245 now. No big deal, but kind of strange.

141 - 160 of 211 Posts