Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Per the original documents posted at NHTSA, if H264 was done properly, the tech was supposed to check for the SOC bar being as shown above and if not present then the instrument cluster update should be done first, then H264 installed.

However, H237 campaign is closed. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169900-0001.pdf

H264 should include the IPC update.

It may be that the IPC update isn't actually in H264 as intended and H280 will have it if required?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just had mine done at Scottsdale jaguar. At 94% GOM said 233. So it's too soon for any real range update. However it's very important for everyone to know that some functions may not work at first, It seems after H264 update when you start driving, it takes 20 to 30 min for it to sync up internally or with the jaguar cloud so all the items start working such as creep mode becoming available and everything starts working great again. So just give the car a chance to sync up.
Just had my HS264 completed. Full charge used to show about 220 miles. Full charge now shows 261. I drove about 22 miles to work and back and the actual GOM showed me driving 23 miles. A heck of a lot better in actual driving versus GOM. Before I would drive 22 miles and GOM would drop 35 miles. Now it is actually way more accurate. I also noticed regen better than before at a higher charge of the battery.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just had H264 done.
The Instrument Cluster Update was not done. (no green straight bar)
I now am scheduled to take back to fix the fix.
Would not know about the straight bar if I had not read this forum.
Spoke with service manager before leaving after H264, but service claimed all was done.
(He new nothing about the Cluster update)
Did you get this fixed, because my dealer refuses to accept that it has to change and it does not show up when he connect the car to the update program. He says some cars will have the change but not others. No amount of showing pictures has convinced them.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Did you get this fixed, because my dealer refuses to accept that it has to change and it does not show up when he connect the car to the update program. He says some cars will have the change but not others. No amount of showing pictures has convinced them.
you absolutely need a new dealer!

I recall reading somewhere else in which the dealer discovered their system (Pathfinder) needed to be updated in order to receive the most recent car updates...

I would suspect JLR has issued more software updates for the I-Pace in 18 months than they have for any other car during it’s life cycle...the instrument cluster update was released May 2019.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Point the dealer to https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10171145-0001.pdf
and https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10171139-0001.pdf

Print them if you can and take it with you. As you can see the second one specifically says "Some vehicles require an instrument pack software update to improve range graphics"

Is dealer going to argue with document Jaguar filed with NHTSA?

Dealer should ensure Pathfinder is updated as mentioned above and contact Jaguar if there is no update showing for the car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's not correct. Please refer to Meldev's post above.
According to three different I-Pace Certified techs I had conversations with, the display will have the green bar showing the range with H-264. They also mentioned that some earlier 19 models will need to have previous updates installed prior to updating to H-264. This might explain why some owners are not seeing the green bar after getting a H264 update.

Regards - Mike

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just had my HS264 completed. Full charge used to show about 220 miles. Full charge now shows 261. I drove about 22 miles to work and back and the actual GOM showed me driving 23 miles. A heck of a lot better in actual driving versus GOM. Before I would drive 22 miles and GOM would drop 35 miles. Now it is actually way more accurate. I also noticed regen better than before at a higher charge of the battery.
I finally got to charge to 100% post H-264 and the GOM shows 271 miles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 IPace and don't have the H264 update, live in NE USA, fully charged the car for a range of 255. Haven't tested if that's real yet ..

·
Registered
608 Posts
I drove to Denver and back using a state hwy with a 65 MPH (104 KPH) limit. It was a 130 mile journey (209 Km) using AC on the return trip as temperatures were in the upper 90s (36 C).

Last summer, pre-H264, with similar temperatures my SoC would be at or near 40% while I saw 51% at the end of this trip. It's nice to get back from a long trip and still see 127 miles (204 Km) on the GoM. I gotta admit that the improvement is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I drove to Denver and back using a state hwy with a 65 MPH (104 KPH) limit. It was a 130 mile journey (209 Km) using AC on the return trip as temperatures were in the upper 90s (36 C).

Last summer, pre-H264, with similar temperatures my SoC would be at or near 40% while I saw 51% at the end of this trip. It's nice to get back from a long trip and still see 127 miles (204 Km) on the GoM. I gotta admit that the improvement is pretty impressive.
So Curt, they say the reduced the buffer at the bottom end, but they must have done more than that to achieve these gains. I know they claimed they also did some tuning with torque distribution to the front & back (I think?), but do you think there was more to it than that?

·
Registered
608 Posts
So Curt, they say the reduced the buffer at the bottom end, but they must have done more than that to achieve these gains. I know they claimed they also did some tuning with torque distribution to the front & back (I think?), but do you think there was more to it than that?
Besides more available battery (about a 6 kWh improvement for me), the biggest improvement is regen. I was getting about 1 kWh per 10 miles of distance and now I'm seeing 1.5 and sometimes even a little better. 50% is pretty remarkable.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
186 Posts
Besides more available battery (about a 6 kWh improvement for me), the biggest improvement is regen. I was getting about 1 kWh per 10 miles of distance and now I'm seeing 1.5 and sometimes even a little better. 50% is pretty remarkable.
Where do you see the regen info?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
281 Posts

Could some of this gain be due to more familiarity with the way the car drives? Slightly less aggressive acceleration, better use of regen braking etc.
I remember when I first got my Escape hybrid in 2004, mpg was around the advertised rate, after a couple of years I was routinely ~10% better than the official numbers.
That may not explain it all, but coupled to a larger usable battery range and an adjustment of torque distribution this a wonderful improvement.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Could some of this gain be due to more familiarity with the way the car drives? Slightly less aggressive acceleration, better use of regen braking etc.
I remember when I first got my Escape hybrid in 2004, mpg was around the advertised rate, after a couple of years I was routinely ~10% better than the official numbers.
That may not explain it all, but coupled to a larger usable battery range and an adjustment of torque distribution this a wonderful improvement.
There might be a slight improvement for sure. I learned a few hypermiling tricks with my Fusion PHEV and have used the same techniques since day 1 of owning the I-Pace. On longer trips I usually set the cruise control to the speed limit and let the car do its thing so I'm not aware of any different way that I'm driving now.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
186 Posts
The regen information is in the Trip A or Trip B field as well as the Eco display on the infotainment. I keep Trip A displayed on the left side of the instrument panel and I reset it after each charging session.
Cool, thanks! I'll have to look at this a little closer as soon as I get to drive it more. I think I still have only around 250 miles on it and that is after 130 on the drive home from the dealership on the first day!

·
Registered
260 Posts
There might be a slight improvement for sure. I learned a few hypermiling tricks with my Fusion PHEV and have used the same techniques since day 1 of owning the I-Pace. On longer trips I usually set the cruise control to the speed limit and let the car do its thing so I'm not aware of any different way that I'm driving now.
I am being taken down memory lane... QTown mentions a 2004 Escape Hybrid. My first Hybrid was a 2006 Escape! I ended up only keeping it for 4 years as while it was great as a hybrid, it was lacking in other areas (obviously designed for cheap assembly rather than design, I mean who puts seat heater button next to the position adjustment buttons!). Now you are talking about hypermiling! I used to have great discussions on Green Hybrid about hypermiling, but I was usually the one saying a few drops of gas was less important than the safety issues of forcing your ICE off when going downhill without power steering or brakes, or tailgating that semi. There were some pretty extreme hyper millers there...

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am being taken down memory lane... QTown mentions a 2004 Escape Hybrid. My first Hybrid was a 2006 Escape! I ended up only keeping it for 4 years as while it was great as a hybrid, it was lacking in other areas (obviously designed for cheap assembly rather than design, I mean who puts seat heater button next to the position adjustment buttons!). Now you are talking about hypermiling! I used to have great discussions on Green Hybrid about hypermiling, but I was usually the one saying a few drops of gas was less important than the safety issues of forcing your ICE off when going downhill without power steering or brakes, or tailgating that semi. There were some pretty extreme hyper millers there...
I get you, rcomeau! It's always a bad idea to compromise safety to save a little fuel or battery power. I'm reminded of those with shattered windshields after following a vehicle too closely. Navy aviation has a safety program called Operational Risk Management (ORM) that's so ingrained into my brain that I use it for driving (and driving my family crazy!). The theory is to consider every possible emergency and have a mitigation plan in place before flying/driving. Until I bought the I-Pace I kept coolant, oil, tools, shovel, blankets, hats, gloves, etc in the trunk. Crazy, I know. Now I keep cold weather gear during winter but I'm slowly relaxing. 🥴

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Have you actually been able to drive it 250 miles? Or is it just the displayed range on the gauge? Oddly enough my GOM displays 425km at full charge. The car hasn't been updated. Right now on the app it shows 73% soc and range 333 km or 206 miles. I'm not being fooled - I'm not getting anywhere close to these numbers. Getting 26.5 kWh/100km or calculated approx. 300 km on full charge in winter.
Yes, I have had 252 miles when the weather was nice here in arizona about 70f. Eco, everything else was off . Eco with Low power mode easily gets you over 250, even in warmer or cooler temperatures. Must use level 2 to fully charge. I get 87.x kwh using wattcat.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes, I have had 252 miles when the weather was nice here in arizona about 70f. Eco, everything else was off . Eco with Low power mode easily gets you over 250, even in warmer or cooler temperatures. Must use level 2 to fully charge. I get 87.x kwh using wattcat.
I absolutely believe that. In my first 3 ‘fill ups’ (temps 70-85) I’ve gotten approximately 245-251 miles using Eco with the HVAC on. That’s with some stops as I waited for my wife with the AC running. When I’m at 100%, just for fun I’ll check the GoM with the HVAC off, and it shows something like 273 miles.

In my normal driving, contrary to some posts I’ve read here, I’ve been pretty impressed with the GoM accuracy. In fact I’d be tempted to just call it the ‘fairly accurate range target’ (FART)...OK, I would have used ‘fairly accurate range indicator’ but FARI doesn’t sounded as funny as FART. ;)

I don’t know if the indicated 273 range with the HVAC off would hold up in actual driving, but it’s fun to see. Either way it’s more than I was getting on my MS.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts