Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Per the original documents posted at NHTSA, if H264 was done properly, the tech was supposed to check for the SOC bar being as shown above and if not present then the instrument cluster update should be done first, then H264 installed.

However, H237 campaign is closed. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10169900-0001.pdf

H264 should include the IPC update.

It may be that the IPC update isn't actually in H264 as intended and H280 will have it if required?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just had mine done at Scottsdale jaguar. At 94% GOM said 233. So it's too soon for any real range update. However it's very important for everyone to know that some functions may not work at first, It seems after H264 update when you start driving, it takes 20 to 30 min for it to sync up internally or with the jaguar cloud so all the items start working such as creep mode becoming available and everything starts working great again. So just give the car a chance to sync up.
Just had my HS264 completed. Full charge used to show about 220 miles. Full charge now shows 261. I drove about 22 miles to work and back and the actual GOM showed me driving 23 miles. A heck of a lot better in actual driving versus GOM. Before I would drive 22 miles and GOM would drop 35 miles. Now it is actually way more accurate. I also noticed regen better than before at a higher charge of the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just had H264 done.
The Instrument Cluster Update was not done. (no green straight bar)
I now am scheduled to take back to fix the fix.
Would not know about the straight bar if I had not read this forum.
Spoke with service manager before leaving after H264, but service claimed all was done.
(He new nothing about the Cluster update)
Did you get this fixed, because my dealer refuses to accept that it has to change and it does not show up when he connect the car to the update program. He says some cars will have the change but not others. No amount of showing pictures has convinced them.

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Did you get this fixed, because my dealer refuses to accept that it has to change and it does not show up when he connect the car to the update program. He says some cars will have the change but not others. No amount of showing pictures has convinced them.
you absolutely need a new dealer!

I recall reading somewhere else in which the dealer discovered their system (Pathfinder) needed to be updated in order to receive the most recent car updates...

I would suspect JLR has issued more software updates for the I-Pace in 18 months than they have for any other car during it’s life cycle...the instrument cluster update was released May 2019.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Point the dealer to https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10171145-0001.pdf
and https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10171139-0001.pdf

Print them if you can and take it with you. As you can see the second one specifically says "Some vehicles require an instrument pack software update to improve range graphics"

Is dealer going to argue with document Jaguar filed with NHTSA?

Dealer should ensure Pathfinder is updated as mentioned above and contact Jaguar if there is no update showing for the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's not correct. Please refer to Meldev's post above.
According to three different I-Pace Certified techs I had conversations with, the display will have the green bar showing the range with H-264. They also mentioned that some earlier 19 models will need to have previous updates installed prior to updating to H-264. This might explain why some owners are not seeing the green bar after getting a H264 update.

Regards - Mike

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just had my HS264 completed. Full charge used to show about 220 miles. Full charge now shows 261. I drove about 22 miles to work and back and the actual GOM showed me driving 23 miles. A heck of a lot better in actual driving versus GOM. Before I would drive 22 miles and GOM would drop 35 miles. Now it is actually way more accurate. I also noticed regen better than before at a higher charge of the battery.
I finally got to charge to 100% post H-264 and the GOM shows 271 miles!

181 - 187 of 187 Posts