Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had mine done at Scottsdale jaguar. At 94% GOM said 233. So it's too soon for any real range update. However it's very important for everyone to know that some functions may not work at first, It seems after H264 update when you start driving, it takes 20 to 30 min for it to sync up internally or with the jaguar cloud so all the items start working such as creep mode becoming available and everything starts working great again. So just give the car a chance to sync up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had H264 done today and didn't have any issues besides having to reconfigure all the infotainment and gauge cluster for the 723rd time.

My car now says it has 86.6 kWh of available energy at 100% SOC. That's up roughly 4 kWh from before H264. I don't have a good feel for the efficiency improvements yet. I only drove about 10 miles after getting the update, but it seems like there is more regen at lower speeds which is more likely to bring the vehicle to a stop than before (I use high regen and no creep like everyone should... heh). The car now emphasizes SOC over GOM in the gauge cluster which is positive, but I'd much prefer to see the % SOC number somewhere. They also enlarged the fonts on the gauge cluster dials resulting in much less empty space.

I would caution against thinking that the car needs to sync with anything to allow you to toggle creep mode. I don't think that's true. Creep mode can only be toggled when the vehicle is in park. Maybe that stymied you?

I'm psyched about this update! I'm starting to feel like Jaguar might be getting a handle on the software in this car. Things have certainly improved significantly in the last few months. I hope the trend continues.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What did you have to configure in your infotainment? I had all mine same as before, from bluetooth, to my favorite station on xm radio ( which thought it's not saved) . Xm favorite took 24hrs to sync.
Everything in driver cluster was set as before. So I did not change anything.

The regen which was on low and could not be switched, changed color in front of my eyes. So something is happening in background. So, I am not sure about your comment regarding syncing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello! Apologies if this is a silly questions,(New I pace owner-two weeks in)

1. Is the H264 update that you are talking about the update that gives you more range?

2. The dealer told me that there were no updates to apply according to my Vin, how do I tell if my vehicle has the latest version(s)?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Hello! Apologies if this is a silly questions,(New I pace owner-two weeks in)

1. Is the H264 update that you are talking about the update that gives you more range?

2. The dealer told me that there were no updates to apply according to my Vin, how do I tell if my vehicle has the latest version(s)?

Thanks!
1. Yes

2. Unfortunately, the only thing you can confirm as far as software updates is infotainment (19C) and telematics (18.2). You can put your VIN into TOPIX (once you start an account) will show you open ‘campaigns’ , but not software updates

·
Registered
39 Posts
You can check this via topix:

https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/

You can create yourself an independent operator login (lower left corner of the page that opens when you enter the above URL, , hit that button and create an account, you as the owner of the car are acting as the Independent Operator). Once your account is created, login and check your vehicle by VIN-number.

You will not get the details of the campaigns (for free), but you will be able to see if something is outstanding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I purchased the one hour access to the Topix details on the H264 campaign (it cost me $11.83 US dollars for one hour access, I simply saved the web page contents as a PDF file on my computer so I have the details after the one hour access expires). The details in the campaign provide the VIN range that H264 applies to, specifically:

AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
I-PACE (X590) 2019-2020 VIN Range F60001-F90049

So, anyone purchasing a new I-Pace, if the last 6 digits of your VIN are in the range shown above your car DOES NEED the H264 campaign applied. If your dealer is indicating the car does not need the H264 update they need to provide you proof that they actually applied the update, otherwise they do not understand the VIN range impacted by the campaign.

Also, NOTE the following language in the H264 campaign notice:

ACTION:
Retailers are required to HOLD affected new vehicles that are within your control and refrain from releasing the vehicles for new vehicle sale pending completion of the procedure(s) detailed in this Technical Bulletin. Unsold vehicles should have this performed as part of the Pre- Delivery Inspection (PDI) process but must have it completed prior to vehicle handover to the customer.
Affected vehicles already in the hands of customers should be updated at the next available opportunity.

So, any dealer claiming that there is no such thing as the H264 campaign, or indicating a car does not not need this campaign for any VIN in the range noted above, simply is not up to date on the campaign and the expectations of JLR for ensuring the car is up to date prior to going to the end customer.

And by the way I am located pin the USA and I have verified with Topix that clearly indicates the campaign is available for my car, so do not let any dealer in the USA tell you that there is no such campaign, or that your car does not need this campaign if your VIN falls in the range noted above. The H264 campaign hit the UK and apparently Europe prior to release in the USA (and it appears as if Canada gained access to the campaign concurrent with the USA gaining access to the campaign).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, this is the range update but seems like it's making everything work better.
This update applies to all ipace to my understanding.
Who is your dealer and where is your dealership location?

·
Registered
49 Posts
What did you have to configure in your infotainment?

My custom home screens were gone, the gauge cluster was in single dial mode (I use 2 dials with nav in the middle), and several other things like date/time format appeared to go back to factory default. I prefer to look at Wh/mile instead of the ridiculous kWh/100 miles default unit for consumption. It did retain my WiFi password though. This was a minor annoyance. I'd encourage people to get H264.

I drove 123.5 miles round trip mostly at 75 mph on the highway in the rain and consumed 57% of my available energy after getting H264. That means the car has 216.7 miles of range in those conditions. I don't have an apples to apples before and after comparison, but it seems like a significant improvement as prior trips of similar distance and speed not in the rain indicated on the order of 175 miles of range. One trip is not very scientific, but this seems pretty good and cannot be entirely the result of the extra 4 kWh of available energy which I'd expect to get an extra ~10 miles out of at prior consumption numbers.

We do a good bit of harping on JLR on this forum for mostly sound reasons, but I'd like to thank them for this work. They made a great car even better and I really hope we continue to see improvements as time goes on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did you have to configure in your infotainment?

My custom home screens were gone, the gauge cluster was in single dial mode (I use 2 dials with nav in the middle), and several other things....
That is so strange because I had everything working as before even faster boot up now, and now I can successfully say after H264 I have ipace with 250+ miles consistent range. I and people who I have called and talked to personally on this forum have extremely good experience with ipace and don't see any of these issues. How strange??? It seems we live in twilight zone. ?

Fyi, I waited for 1 hours and 37 min total time at the dealership to get my update. It was a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks everyone for the help. So my dealer is Huntington Ny-my VIN says SADHC2S16K1F75638 Before I picked teh car up (Dec 14) they said they needed to do an update and I would need to come in and leave the car. Now they claim that it needs no update, so it just leaves me slightly confused!

According to the salesman, the mechanics have checked my VIN and say that no updates are available?

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Thanks everyone for the help. So my dealer is Huntington Ny-my VIN says SADHC2S16K1F75638 Before I picked teh car up (Dec 14) they said they needed to do an update and I would need to come in and leave the car. Now they claim that it needs no update, so it just leaves me slightly confused!

According to the salesman, the mechanics have checked my VIN and say that no updates are available?
Your dealer is obviously mistaken.

See this thread

https://www.i-paceforum.com/#/topics/5361

And this one

https://www.i-paceforum.com/#/topics/5357

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. Does anyone have any experience with the update taking 3+ days? They won’t tell me what’s wrong, just they are contacting Jaguar...which they’ve been doing the last three days. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Hi. Does anyone have any experience with the update taking 3+ days? They won’t tell me what’s wrong, just they are contacting Jaguar...which they’ve been doing the last three days. Thanks!
The first I-Pace I contracted, after 2 days the car would not update to completion & my selling dealer opened a case with JLR. On the 3rd day, within I think about an hour of them refunding my down payment....the updates successfully loaded. Of course!

We've had updates for BMW take a few hours or a few days. If the update crashes, you start all over again. It seems so archaic to me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The first I-Pace I contracted, after 2 days the car would not update to completion & my selling dealer opened a case with JLR. On the 3rd day, within I think about an hour of them refunding my down payment....the updates successfully loaded. Of course!

We've had updates for BMW take a few hours or a few days. If the update crashes, you start all over again. It seems so archaic to me.
I have seen worse on some medical devices. We had one where if the firmware update failed, the device was bricked and sent in to have the memory EPROM removed and replaced. This was before they figured out how to have two boot systems in memory. You run off boot A while updating B, then switch to B from now on. Next time, update A to C while running on B and so one.

We've come a long way ;).

·
Registered
462 Posts
It took 6 business days to get the 19C infotainment update pushed into mine with Pathfinder since it would not install as SOTA. They also stated they had to replace an antenna (although it isn't in the paperwork) in order for Pathfinder to update the software. Pathfinder isn't even a wireless connection. It took several iterations with technical support and filling their requests for "try 'this' and send us 'that' info" until the update worked.

Jaguar support doesn't appear to be 24x7 (or 6) even though they sell/service vehicles world-wide. Dealer has stated they get technical support based on UK business hours.

Sometimes, odd things happen. I took my cat to the vet for its H264 booster shot and it is still there. The update was done in a reasonable time. The bad news when I picked up the car was that the door locks, frunk, and hatch no longer work with the FOBs, and the doors won't lock with pushing the exterior door handle buttons. I didn't try the unlocking since they couldn't be locked to test the unlock from outside the car. The trained master mechanic in the shop was stumped too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is so strange because I had everything working as before even faster boot up now, and now I can successfully say after H264 I have ipace with 250+ miles consistent range. I and people who I have called and talked to personally on this forum have extremely good experience with ipace and don't see any of these issues. How strange??? It seems we live in twilight zone. ?

Fyi, I waited for 1 hours and 37 min total time at the dealership to get my update. It was a pleasant experience.
Have you actually been able to drive it 250 miles? Or is it just the displayed range on the gauge? Oddly enough my GOM displays 425km at full charge. The car hasn't been updated. Right now on the app it shows 73% soc and range 333 km or 206 miles. I'm not being fooled - I'm not getting anywhere close to these numbers. Getting 26.5 kWh/100km or calculated approx. 300 km on full charge in winter.

·
Super Moderator
1,733 Posts
The GoM is a total sihtshow. I'm still on 228 but after my battery repair I've driven ~400 miles with a proven range of 200 on a full charge and it's insisting that I have 254 miles on a full charge. Even more interestingly, it's a linear thing. I get 0.75 real miles per GoM mile regardless of SoC. So when I have 75 miles left in the tank the GoM will show 100; if I have 7.5 miles left it's 10. And yes I really get about 190 miles of range. >sigh<

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Have you actually been able to drive it 250 miles? Or is it just the displayed range on the gauge? Oddly enough my GOM displays 425km at full charge. The car hasn't been updated. Right now on the app it shows 73% soc and range 333 km or 206 miles. I'm not being fooled - I'm not getting anywhere close to these numbers. Getting 26.5 kWh/100km or calculated approx. 300 km on full charge in winter.
I dont think I can drive the car to 0% ? so everything is an estimate. My commute was about 127 miles , so 2 days in a row , each day after 127 miles of drive I had only used 52% of charge. So 48% left. Also after H264 Battery charges to 86kw according to wattcat and that has made a huge difference which has made the numbers above possible. In addition its winter and I am using heater and sometimes seat warmers and no pre conditioning. Using eco mode all the time. It seems H264 loves eco mode .
I am sure during spring I will get a much better range.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts