Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

H228 - Software Enhancement Program

36K views 93 replies 30 participants last post by  epirali 
#1 ·
Anyone with a full TOPiX subscription check on the availability for NA market?

Copied from FB:

From Jack Tams. Not sure the applicability to the North American market. I think we're typically a few weeks behind:

H228 - Software Enhancement Program

JLR have announced the H228 Roll-up update program, this supersedes:

• H159 - OTA + 100kW DC Charging

• H193 - Gateway Module Update. (Blank Screens)

• H216 - CCS Configuration for 100kW Charging on ABB Terra 175/350kW units.

In addition the campaign includes updates for all modules to bring them fully up-to-date.

Applies to VIN Range: F60001 - F79241

See less See more
#36 ·
Service dept still has my car, trying to apply H228. We're on day 9 of them having the car now. First they said they had to replace the USB port and now they called me today to say the updates are failing and JLR recommend they replace the entire IMC (Infotainment Master Controller) which they're going to be doing over the next few days. They gave me a brand new Discovery loaner which in theory is nice but is basically a land yacht. Comfy but otherwise terrible to drive, slow as **** and way too high off the ground for my dog to get in. Also its getting about 16mpg... just filled the tank yesterday and it cost me $87. This is all so frustrating.

#37 ·
Got my car back yesterday for H228 update. I noticed that Telematics version is not displayed. However, it no longer goes into endless "beach ball/circling windows" loop when trying to update the software. I think it also included a new Infotainment software version, but the existing bug with the "MyEV" panel is still there. The new version of 19A is S19A_19.24.2-375121 (July release). For reference the previous versions are the following: S19A_19.07.2-312706 (February release) and S19A_19.11.4-330884 (April release)

#47 ·
They've had mine 15 days now trying to do H228 but it kept crashing and failing. They've replaced multiple parts including USB port and entire Infotainments Master Controller. They called me this morning to say it's done but then said "Did you by chance have satellite radio?" I said "yes I have a lifetime subscription and it's tied to this car's radio ID. Why, what did you do? "They said " Hmm ok well it seems to no longer have a subscription so let us look into that. They're still looking, but if they changed enough stuff they may have changed the radio ID which will totally screw me with Sirius. But I dunno I've just about had it with all this nonsense. In for service 4 times in 4 months for a total of almost 4 weeks. So today I opened a case with JLR and we went through all the issues we've had this far. He has opened a case to start buy-back proceedings. Unclear if I'll actually go through with it because I have no idea what's entailed or how long it would take or what the terms would be, but we'll see. But given that my most recent service I will not be sad if the buy-back works out. Arrrghh so annoying.

#44 ·
H213, H228 and H221 applied

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fpI3Dy-BO7mbD6ycmCzkR7psptUoENU-

My I-Pace had campaigns H228, H213 and H221 applied last week. It took the garage all day to complete the updates, especially as the ECU needed replacement as part of H213 on my vehicle. Seems that swapping the whole module out versus upgrading it was the best approach in my case.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kTdYINlykl14U2UGtah1bnN903t8fDTu

After all campaigns applied, I received InControl Touch Pro software version S19A_19.24.2-375121, previously I had been stuck on 18D. This concerned me as I had heard less than good things here and on the US I-Pace forum.

However after four days driving the car daily there is a lot of good things I noticed;
  1. The cars systems are a lot faster to load and use. It previously took the car more than 30 seconds to become fully ready. Now I unlock the car and by the time I have powered it up and fastened my seatbelt, it is fully loaded (including navigation) and ready to go. Typing on the screen has become less frustrating. There is still some delay, but it is much reduced on the previous software. This is obviously as it was meant to be and I'm just sad I had to wait eight months for this experience. But I appreciate it all the more now it is here.
  2. Software Updates Over The Air is now on, confirmed by the dealer. The first big one is due in late Q3 according to my mechanic, so US customers do not hold your breath for an August update. This feature has been off since I took delivery of the car, so it is nice to finally have it available. Should be less trips to the dealers in the future.
  3. This might be a result of H213, the transition between regenerative braking and the physical brakes is barely noticeable now. There used to be a distinct increase in breaking effort after a moment of coasting previously when coming to a stop or breaking harder than regen could manage. Now I can barely tell when the regen ends and real braking begins. The grace of Jaguar is back and it is smooth.
  4. Apple CarPlay. It seems to just work perfectly all the time now. Previously I would have a success rate of just over 50% of being able to connect my phone via CarPlay and maintain the connection for the whole journey. If I received a call or a message during the journey the system would sometimes completely fail, or stall, or both. In the past four days it has been stable as a rock and very fast to boot and start playing media. Fingers crossed, but this is a much improved experience now.
  5. Cameras always are available. Previously on some journeys one or more of the cameras would never initialize when the car started and you would loose either reversing camera or cameras altogether. Since the update the cameras have been always available. The video feed delay is still apparent unfortunately, but it has improved a touch, likely due to the overall system performance improvement.
  6. Environment seems to be refined. Prior to this update when the car was warm and outside was very hot (30ºC or more), the fans would spin up to deafening speed to attempt to cool the vehicle quickly, regardless of the setting you selected in the environmental settings. Now even on a day at 38ºC, the fans set to soft are far less noticeable.

And now the bad. There is only one but it is annoying.

1. The GOM is now locked to show 201 miles on a full charge. I cannot reset it using the standard two pedal trick. It appears that this is a known issue, reported in Topix as SSM74445. However it is a shame this was introduced when so much else was improved. I can only hope it will be addressed in the next update that arrives over the air.

Overall I am very happy with the update. It was a long time coming but makes this great car even more enjoyable.

Attachments

#49 ·
JLR really screwed the pooch on the software for these cars and service. I want to love this car so much but the software continues to let us all down with no end in site..

Reactions: epirali
#51 ·
I completely agree. This isn't software that is completely exclusive to this car - or even this brand since its used in all Land Rover/RR products now.

This should have been a win...

#52 ·
Had my I-pace firmware updated last week. The car was in for recalls so they took care of those plus firmware. So far all is working well. More stable and boots up much more quickly.

All in all: I absolutely love the car. As someone else said, I got a gas-powered loaner and realized how spoiled I am now. It’s an incredible vehicle overall.

#54 ·
Just got mine back today after they spent literally 2 weeks trying to install H228 and it kept failing and then they replaced almost every component including the Infotainment Master Controller. In the one day I've had it I've had no major bugs, but the My EV Panel still won't load most of the time even though it was specifically on the issues list and supposedly addressed. It didn't load 3 out of 4 boot ups today. They've tried to fix that one 3 times now and every time sat it's fixed and it never is. Start-up load time of everything seems about the same. About 20 seconds for most things to finish loading then another 10 for the map in my guage cluster. That's always last to load. Overall lag when pressing buttons is also about the same. overall the update doesn't seem to have improved performance much, but maybe it will improve stability. Fingers crossed

#55 ·
Guess I opened a can of worms asking for a software update (Was hoping the intermittent black screens and slow response might be fixed). Took it in 2 weeks ago for an update but when I got it back the AM/FM radio didn't work. I took it back in but when they tried to run the software updates the IMC fried so they ordered a new one. Once again the IMC gets fried from the update. They also had to replace a faulty bushing or something with the AC that was leaking. 2 weeks while I'm working out of town the car has been in the shop. Luckily they gave me a loaner I-pace so can't really complain. The loaner car also has fairly slow load times on navigation, etc. I also notice the handling of the bass model loaner with the cheaper wheel/tire combo is not even close to the 22" rims with Pirelli tires. Feels all mushy cornering. the lower profile tires handle so much better. Just worried the car isn't going to be ready when I have to drive 6 hours back home to Los Angeles next week. Anyone ever have a car towed 400 miles? haha. Yes, it looks like we have some kinks to work out.

#56 ·
One thing I've noticed since H228 is that even though I only ever listen to satellite radio, about half the time when I start the car it starts playing the terrestrial radio source, and I have to go into Media>Source and change it back to Sirius XM. So that's fun. My EV panel doesn't load about 75% of the time now, even more often than before.

#58 ·
The 18" handle just fine. I throw this thing around quite a bit on the 18" and it's great. Would 20" be more responsive on the asphalt? Sure ... but I also care about a couple other things beyond optimizing handling in the corners, like offroad and range (and to some extent comfort)

#59 ·
Spoke too soon about the GOM getting more accurate after the H228 update. It has gone to h*ll since last weekend for some odd reason. Got into the car on Saturday with 80% battery and 202 miles range readout. Felt pretty smug about it. Drove around town for a little over 5 miles at 25-30 mph in mid 90s weather and the range had dropped to 157 miles when I got back home! :confused: Since then it has been consistently under-reporting the range. I charged it to 100% this morning and it showed a range of 201 miles. Drove it 36 miles to work (46 mph average speed in mid 80s temps) with 85% battery remaining. By my calculation (assuming 82 kWh usable capacity) that is a consumption of 34.17 kWh/100 miles with an estimated range of about 240 miles. Oh well, back to ignoring the GOM :smile2:

#60 ·
My GoM doesn't really work either. It charges to the full 282 mark but I get maybe 200-220 miles from a charge - the heat seems to be almost as bad as the cold..

#63 ·
Yes heat throws things off .. known issue for Li batteries. There are nonlinearities at the edges of the charge curve in the iPace that greatly affect the GoM. Throw in your use of A/C in hot weather and things get a little iffy. Once you've driven for a while and the car's battery temperature modulation has taken effect, and you're between 20% and 90% SoC the GoM should be pretty good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.