Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I brought the I-pace in when I got the regen recall notice. The SA told me that the Gateway update was also due. This is the first time it was in for service since we took delivery in Feb since the only two probs (Homelink and Jag remote app inoperative) weren't worth the long drive to the dealer. I demurred on updating the S18C infotainment s/w since that system was working fine. The SA agreed, saying that he'd advise to wait a year for that update since it sometimes causes probs.

While the car was being serviced the H228 update was announced, so that was performed was well. Just got the car back. Everything working fine as far including the Homelink after the rear view mirror assembly was replaced.

Spyder

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got the ipace back after the Update H228.

The good: Apple CarPlay is finally working perfectly. It will load every time I plug the phone and I can finally hear callers the first time using ACP. All systems including EV screen load pretty quick and recognize my key/phone every time. So all good with H228.

The bad: The H228 update did not fixed the GOM/Range estimator. It seems to be on a default setting. It always goes to 282miles at 100% charge and it goes down at a very inaccurate rate. Real range with a/c on is around 195-200 miles at 100% charge not 282 miles. It stopped working after the Regen update due to recall and the issue seems to be separated from the H228 as it did not fixed. Does not matter the mode(ECO/Dynamic/etc) it makes no different on the GOM range, nor does turning the ac or heater on/off. + miles is always at +0 even though the orange range next to it increase/decrease as ac/heater and/or lights are turned on/off. Going from ac on/off used to be +34miles. Now stock at +0. The range algorithm seems to be working as the orange range bars increase and decrease depending on systems configuration but not communicating with the GOM dial and the +x indicator.

Dealer has no idea why and are going to reach to Jaguar USA on Monday for advice. Not a big issue but I like everything working as it should specially since it was perfect before the Regen update!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Infotainment boots pretty quick now. Before I used to wait a long time, around 15 sec. for the radio to start. Now radio boot almost immediately. My EV also boot quickly without any issues. My key is recognize right away and Apple CarPlay works as intended. Basically no problems except for the GOM and the miles potential reading always +0 as explained before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had H213 recall and H228 updates last week in California - No issues so far.
Havent done a full charge yet so not sure if GOM or range has improved. Will update next week....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for update, is there any speed up on boot times or screen response/lag on infotainment?

Following the regen, gateway and H228 updates, I had to reset basic settings (e,, instrument display, 12/24 clock, date format, etc) so did a pretty thorough review of all the menus. Despite the fact that, at my request, infotainment was left at S18C, menu response was noticeably faster then before the updates. I have noticed that the Juicebox estimate of threshold at which timed charging stops is a bit off relative to what it was befog the updates, eg, requested charge to 200 mi, but charging stopped at 188. Previously, it would stop at about + or - 5 mi. Otherwise, everything is perfect.

Spyder

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have noticed that the Juicebox estimate of threshold at which timed charging stops is a bit off relative to what it was befog the updates, eg, requested charge to 200 mi, but charging stopped at 188. Previously, it would stop at about + or - 5 mi. Otherwise, everything is perfect.

Spyder
I noticed the same after the Regen/Gateway update. Before it used to be within +/- 1% now it can be as much as 6-7%.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dealer has my car as we speak and was trying to install H228 last week (after I asked about it and he said he learned of it the same day I asked) but it kept crashing apparently. They have a TA ticket with JLR who told them it was the USB drive so now they're replacing that (ugh). They've had the car 7 days now, still waiting on an ETA. Will report back later on post update experience. Total days owned the I-Pace: 127. Days in service thus far for one thing or another: 18. =(

·
Registered
201 Posts
So I had the H228 update done yesterday. I dropped the car off at 9 AM, got the call that it was ready for pick up around 4 PM. According to the dealer the update took longer than usual since it was a "big one" but went through without a hitch. The service manager told me that they had enabled OTA on my car and that there was going to be a minor software update release next week to fix the "My EV" panel not loading randomly, which I can apply OTA.

Sidebar: They had given me a Velar as a loaner. It's a nice car but driving it made me realize that I-Pace has killed ICE for me forever.

Anyways, picked up the car and saw that my custom panels were still in place and the "My EV" panel was fully loading. The only thing I had to "fix" was select my preferred dash layout, everything else including driving aid/convenience selections and WiFi passwords were retained. Was pleased to notice that the I still had the standard curved battery gauge rather the horizontal green fugly one some people are seeing. Drove it back home and did not notice any difference at all. This morning did notice that the "My EV" panel was still fully loading and that the infotainment system booted up much faster and the transitions between screens were snappier and smoother. Left the house with 92% SoC and 208 miles range on the GoM, drove 35.2 miles to work in mixed urban/highway traffic in mid/low 80s temps and average speed of 43 mph. The readout when I reached work was 78% SoC, 178 miles range left and 33kWh/100mi consumption for the trip. So I had driven 35.2 miles and lost a range of 30 miles. The energy consumption for the trip per my calculation (assuming 82kW usable battery capacity) was 32.6kWh/100mi.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had H213 and H228 done today and ended up with a red battery charging failure icon on exiting the dealer. Went right back in..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Service dept still has my car, trying to apply H228. We're on day 9 of them having the car now. First they said they had to replace the USB port and now they called me today to say the updates are failing and JLR recommend they replace the entire IMC (Infotainment Master Controller) which they're going to be doing over the next few days. They gave me a brand new Discovery loaner which in theory is nice but is basically a land yacht. Comfy but otherwise terrible to drive, slow as **** and way too high off the ground for my dog to get in. Also its getting about 16mpg... just filled the tank yesterday and it cost me $87. This is all so frustrating.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Got my car back yesterday for H228 update. I noticed that Telematics version is not displayed. However, it no longer goes into endless "beach ball/circling windows" loop when trying to update the software. I think it also included a new Infotainment software version, but the existing bug with the "MyEV" panel is still there. The new version of 19A is S19A_19.24.2-375121 (July release). For reference the previous versions are the following: S19A_19.07.2-312706 (February release) and S19A_19.11.4-330884 (April release)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Very sorry to hear about the frustration with the updates. But wanted to say "good luck," and "thank you for the info."

·
Registered
38 Posts
Finally 1st attempt at updating H228 failed and BCCM was not updated and went up missing thus the Battery Charging failure red icon.

Worked at second attempt and now all is in order.

I am now on S19A_19.24.2-375121

·
Registered
38 Posts
Service dept still has my car, trying to apply H228. We're on day 9 of them having the car now. First they said they had to replace the USB port and now they called me today to say the updates are failing and JLR recommend they replace the entire IMC (Infotainment Master Controller) which they're going to be doing over the next few days. They gave me a brand new Discovery loaner which in theory is nice but is basically a land yacht. Comfy but otherwise terrible to drive, slow as **** and way too high off the ground for my dog to get in. Also its getting about 16mpg... just filled the tank yesterday and it cost me $87. This is all so frustrating.
So you know: second attempt at updating was not easy from my side too! They were always confronted with a Request Out of Range issue.

They were told to unplug fuse 12 for 20 minutes and voilà!

21 - 40 of 94 Posts