Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! Each time I load an active sim into ipace's sim slot, it says unsupported sim. I've confirmed the sim is active with ATT, and even had the dealer try a working sim from another ipace with the same result.

Curious if anyone else may have a fix for this before I have the dealership's service department take a look? Thanks as always!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
I suggest the dealership service dept for this. It reads like a defective port or bad connection to it.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
215 Posts
This isn't something I recall ever seeing listed as a problem here given a known working SIM like the dealer had and with your SIM being verified by AT&T. I agree it sounds like something for the dealer to solve, especially since their "working" sim didn't work.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
Back in August 2018 JLR reported issues with SIM card activation issues in some cars. It was being investigated. I don't know of a resolution.
UK forum also reported that some cars had to have the SIM card reader hardware replaced.

Is the IMC programming up-to-date? What version of software do you see in the SOTA display? Is it up to at least 19A or did it get the recent rollout of 20A?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
305 Posts
When we recently had the "data limit exceeded" problem I turned off mobile data. Once I read the problem was resolved I tried to turn it back on after I started up the car next time. When I did it said "SIM not supported" for the same SIM I've had in the car for about a year. After lunch when I went back out to the car it was working fine. So this could be a new bug in S20A where it can't properly read / initialize the SIM unless it happens at boot time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts