Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an attention grabber :) The car is not in Cairo. I would not DARE have a nice car here.

In the military, stationed in Cairo, to return this summer, where to???? Who knows, hopefully Germany. But over the Christmas break, I managed to find me, what I considered a pretty good deal on a 2019, HSE First Edition with 7,400 miles. Found it in Florida, fell in love with it, drove it to San Antonio, where it sits in my pops garage until this summer when I go pick it up and prepare it for its next adventure.

On the way to San Antonio from Florida, I managed to spring a leak in the front passenger air strut/hydraulic/suspension, whatever the technical term is as I pulled away from an EA charging station. All I can say is wooo saa......I could feel every bump from 3 miles out, that was a rough and painful ride. Thank goodness I-10 is a pretty good stretch of highway. Many thanks to the JLR Boerne team, they got me in short notice, understood my position that I would be leaving in a week, and expedited the part and got the car back to me right before departing to Cairo, so I could store it and rest assured it was in a good state.

Nothing out of the ordinary, picture wise, Corris Grey with 22" wheels and all the bells and whistles inside.

@ALinSATx - you know of some good spots in town to get the whip taken care of (ceramic coating, window tint, etc?)

Just a couple of basic photos, but if I get Germany as my next duty assignment, please know I will take many opportunities to photo op this silent kitty against some amazing backdrops.

Silent Kitty.jpg
Slide1.JPG

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,422 Posts
Found it in Florida, fell in love with it, drove it to San Antonio, where it sits in my pops garage until this summer when I go pick it up and prepare it for its next adventure.
Hi imvelez, welcome to the forum! Nice ride, you'll really enjoy it but don't get caught speeding in Germany, they're draconian. Points in Flensburg and whoosh after too many that driver's license is gone. As in forever.

Some folks on this forum have had 12V battery issues that result in all kinds of craziness. If you don't drive it, even if the traction battery (the big one) has charge at some level, the 12V may go empty and then all hel.l breaks loose. Will your dad drive it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi imvelez, welcome to the forum! Nice ride, you'll really enjoy it but don't get caught speeding in Germany, they're draconian. Points in Flensburg and whoosh after too many that driver's license is gone. As in forever.

Some folks on this forum have had 12V battery issues that result in all kinds of craziness. If you don't drive it, even if the traction battery (the big one) has charge at some level, the 12V may go empty and then all hel.l breaks loose. Will your dad drive it?
Thanks for the warm welcome. I read that Jag states it is good for up to 6 months of storage. I'd have to find where I read that, but thought it was from an official source, not just hearsay. But I have been reading so much I just can't recall where I saw it from...maybe the online owner's manual.

But that being said, I did ask him to take it out for a spin every once in a while. I know he will charge it for me, but may have to ask him to go ahead and take it into work with him from time to time (and park in the back of the adjacent parking lot, across the military installation he works at. LOL).

He's already looking after one of my other toys and taking it out for a drive around the neighborhood every other week, why not add this one too. LOL

If you see the third photo, you'll notice a dark gray durango towing it. I believe somewhere deep in my psyche, I may have a propensity for gray/silver vehicles that dates back from when I was a kid. Learned how to drive in a gray Toyota minivan. My father has a dark gray F150. And there have been others along the way. Wonder if that is an inheritable trait. LOL

IMG_E3991.JPG
IMG_E3992.JPG
IMG_E4086.JPG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts