Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
That sucks. They should pull cellphone records. If the phone was in use, make it a 2 point offense like reckless driving, which technically, it is. Reckless is a catchall CVC for any behavior considered dangerous that is not outlined in other CVCs. It has the effect of DUI/502/DWI to your DL and insurance.

·
Super Moderator
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took a closer look today. I think there are three panels that are damaged and possibly one sensor. The panels are all plastic I think. I managed to put a couple grommets back together and now nothing is egregiously loose. Will be able to drive it until it can be fixed. Curious how long parts will take. This thing is a tank.

·
Super Moderator
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sucks. They should pull cellphone records. If the phone was in use, make it a 2 point offense like reckless driving, which technically, it is. Reckless is a catchall CVC for any behavior considered dangerous that is not outlined in other CVCs. It has the effect of DUI/502/DWI to your DL and insurance.
Yes, good advice. In this case, I'm certain no cell phone was in play ...

·
Registered
392 Posts
So sorry, Sciencegeek. I can't imagine how sick and angry you must be. Was the Mercedes driver just following too close or not paying attention? E350 doesn't have advanced emergency braking?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Same here, sorry for damage and hassle. Obviously correctable as no one was hurt but nonetheless.

Ouch!

·
Super Moderator
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So here's the story. I'm stopped at a red light. Light turns green. Guy in front of me doesn't go for a couple of seconds and I remain stopped. Obviously. Suddenly, *Whack!*.
The person who rear-ended me kept asking "The light turned green, why didn't he go" to which I replied "I have no idea but it's irrelevant. You rear-ended me." Weird.

·
Registered
120 Posts
So sorry to hear that your I-Pace was injured. Hopefully, you weren’t harmed.
On the plus side, the I-Pace is so new that I doubt there are 3rd party parts suppliers for the body panels. So, your I-Pace should get OEM replacement parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Really sorry! It is nice to see that the I-Pace does well in a collision though. I hope it is as good as new again soon.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I took a closer look today. I think there are three panels that are damaged and possibly one sensor. The panels are all plastic I think. I managed to put a couple grommets back together and now nothing is egregiously loose. Will be able to drive it until it can be fixed. Curious how long parts will take. This thing is a tank.
I have had my rear bumper repaired twice. One was a traffic accident and the other time was somebody hit it while parked. Luckily parts availability is fairly quick. My repairs averaged 1 to 2 weeks both times. BTW, the rear end of the I-PACE is one whole piece of plastic that wraps around to the rear quarter panels.

BTW, try to choose a dealer that is JLR approved just in case the aluminum structure needs fixing. Here's the website: Jaguar Authorized Aluminum Repair Network Overview | Jaguar USA

Lucky for me, the repair shop close to me is JLR approved and also Farmers Insurance pre-approved.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have had my rear bumper repaired twice. One was a traffic accident and the other time was somebody hit it while parked. Luckily parts availability is fairly quick. My repairs averaged 1 to 2 weeks both times. BTW, the rear end of the I-PACE is one whole piece of plastic that wraps around to the rear quarter panels.

BTW, try to choose a dealer that is JLR approved just in case the aluminum structure needs fixing. Here's the website: Jaguar Authorized Aluminum Repair Network Overview | Jaguar USA

Lucky for me, the repair shop close to me is JLR approved and also Farmers Insurance pre-approved.

Good luck.
Good to hear that parts weren't a problem. Unfortunately no JLR-approved nearby (thanks for the tip), but the shop I'm using has a good reputation with high end cars.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Curious how long parts will take.
So am I. I chose to replace my lease-expiring Tesla with an I-Pace because I am scared of being rear ended in a Tesla and having to wait 6 months for parts. I'm sorry this happened to you. Please keep us updated as to how long it takes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My replacement windshield only took 4 business days. The aux battery they replaced for a different visit issue was the same day, so far nothing extraordinary.

·
Registered
537 Posts
@sciencegeek you also may want to start to ask the DMV for replacement stickers for your HOV decals (that is if you had them placed on your bumper) since this usually takes a while to get (replcement is also $22 BTW). I'm still waiting for mine.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks! I made mine removable since I hardly ever have to use them.
Removable? I stuck my HOV decals into paint protection film (PPF), but when the repair shop peeled them off, the HOV sticker on on PPF was all screwed up (because they don't stretch).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts