Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up car today after H264 and a few other updates (was disappointed to see Telematics still on 16.2 when I know others are on 18.2). I did charge the car for almost 4 hours to add 79 miles.

Then tonight I plugged in as usual on my ChargePoint (which I've done probably 200 times without issue). The car is at 55% SOC, but has stayed in "INITIALIZING". About 20 min later I got a "Charging Complete" message, yet nothing was added. I repeated this 2 more times with identical results (see attached ChargePoint app charging details).

I've never seen this in 13 months of ownership. My first and most serious issue. Has anyone else had a post-H264 failure to charge incident? I'm going to unplug and see if the car will "sleep it off" and charge in the morning? A bit unnerving, though. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would drive it around the block once and immediately plug in upon return to test the charging.
Thanks, that was my first instinct, too. The third charging attempt shown above was after a trip around the block. No change: Initializing, then "Charging Complete" after about 20-25 min with ZERO power/miles added.

·
Super Moderator
2,095 Posts
What exactly does it say in the printout from your dealer, what did they do? It looks like it was not just H264 ... it was some other stuff too that probably involved charging software. I would go back to them and demand a full accounting of what they did (and what they attempted but abandoned).

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I imagine you tried the level 1 EVSE that came with your car and got the same results. If so you will have eliminated the possibility of malfunction in your Charge Point level 2 EVSE. Hope it resolves itself overnight.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What exactly does it say in the printout from your dealer, what did they do? It looks like it was not just H264 ... it was some other stuff too that probably involved charging software. I would go back to them and demand a full accounting of what they did (and what they attempted but abandoned).
Only items shown on invoice...

H221: New charging port label campaign
H264: Software enhancement (including cluster update)
H270: Acoustic vehicle alert update
Repair right rear lower air deflector

FYI, mine is a 2020 HSE delivered in July 2019.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Picked up car today after H264 and a few other updates (was disappointed to see Telematics still on 16.2 when I know others are on 18.2).
When I dropped mine on Jan 7th at the dealer for the H264 update, I told him that my telematics is still on 14.2 (I have the 19.C version for the gps/multimedia). He told me that the H264 update will bring telematics to the lastest version. When I picked up the car , the telematics was still in 14.2, but no appetite to leave the car another day for the telematics update.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Agree! Also, demand the most current telematics. I cannot believe they did H264 but did not upgrade others. There should be active campaigns, and the dealer should not pick and choose.

This happened to me when I picked up my car and our next door neighbor too. They did his H264, but nothing else.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I recently had trouble with a public L2 charging station and my vehicle was stuck in "initializing"
Moved down some and the next one worked.

Have you tried manipulating the car with the app to lock, charge, unlock etc?

Do you have any timers or preconditioning set?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was at a charger watching 'INITIALIZING' for several minutes and several attempts. Then turned off the ignition and, BOOM, the car charged without problem. User error.......

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had some trouble with my Juicebox starting and stopping after H264 update. I would have to either lock and unlock the car and set app to charge now, or unplug replug the connector and again try app charge now function (to override TOU). It was strange behavior for about 1-1.5 weeks, then it settled down and will charge on my TOU settings without fail again. It seems like after the update, there are some false data going to the EVSE that report the battery as full because that is what it would say on my Juicebox app, but after doing the above tricks, it would keep charging.

Net is that after this settlement period, I am getting about 4% more range on the same charge cycles/commute.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for all the feedback/input. Nothing like a good night's rest for man AND machine. Plugged in this morning... began charging like nothing ever happened.:grin2:At least so far, it has added 20 mi in an hour as usual. I assume (hope?) it will charge to 100% SOC.

FWIW, here's my theory: I first plugged in yesterday IMMEDIATELY upon arrival home, so there had been no opportunity for the car to 'cool down' nor to connect to WiFi. After that initial 3:53h charge (adding 79 mi), I ran some errands, then returned, then re-connected to Wifi at home to check for updates, verify software versions, etc. (that's when I saw Telematics still at 16.2... and FYI BEMS shows no version:frown2:). Then I plugged in to charge overnight and the failure to move beyond "Initializing" occurred.

Perhaps some type of update, reset, or background processing took place to keep the car in 'Initializing' state while doing so?
FYI, last night I did try every combination of lock/unlock, open/close doors/port, start/stop, hold pedal(s) down, etc. I could think of to no avail. Also, I've never used preconditioning or timers of any sort. I had NOT tried my Level 1 cable, which was a good suggestion (#Photon2.0eV). The next step today would have been to try a local Level 2 charger to see if the issue was related to MY ChargePoint charger.
Hopefully this was an anomaly, but the thread is here for anyone else that might experience this issue and panic. Now looking forward to seeing the (positive) effects of H264!

·
Registered
47 Posts
In WattCat I see TCU Config Version and TCU Software Version. Which one of these is the Telematics? And how do I map these to the Telematics version numbers? When I get the H264 update I want to make sure the WattCat version reflects the update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OK, so now I'm worried based on the issues several of you've had. I got my notice letter last week for H264 update and I don't want an issue. Is there somethings I should be asking/telling the service technician when I take in mine?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
667 Posts
From what I've read, H264 has a history of anomalies on cars. Nothing even close to being consistent. Mine was the inability to lock the car from fob and outside handles.

A "good night's rest" fixed it too. It seems like the best thing to do after the car is fed the H264 meal is to shut it down, lock it, let the cat sleep it off for at least 4 hours (maybe more) and then it will behave better.

TCU values displayed in WattCat have not changed for me since WattCat became available and the car has had all updates available up to the end of last year.

If a car gets stuck in initializing, one should also ensure that the locking mechanism on the cable connector is locking to the car. I've been to a few chargers where I physically had to push the lever/latch/hook/whatever-you-want-to-call-it to lock the cable to the car. Sometimes they worked as they should and other times needed assistance.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Time off and a few reboots seems to solve most issues. I will get my H264 at my regular 1st service sometime this summer.
I see no reason to hurry on any of this.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Epilogue: I've started, driven, and stopped the car multiple times today, charging a bit more each time.
No issues. I've just reached 100% SOC and GoM shows 256 miles.:grin2:
Taking that with a grain of salt, of course, but looking forward to evaluating the "real" additional range.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
353 Posts
Epilogue: I've started, driven, and stopped the car multiple times today, charging a bit more each time.
No issues. I've just reached 100% SOC and GoM shows 256 miles.[img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/img]
Taking that with a grain of salt, of course, but looking forward to evaluating the "real" additional range.
No issues to report with my cat after the update. Left car at dealership on Wednesday evening with 86miles on the GoM. They called before lunch on Thursday to say it was done and apologized for not being able to charge it - charger out of action. Picked it up that pm. GoM read 101miles when I fired it up!
Took it home, ran a few errands and charged overnight from 49miles (20%) to 249miles (100%).
Not a lot of driving done since but GoM currently @ 199miles (79%). Will repost at next charge.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts