Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I enjoyed my 2019 I-Pace HSE for 8 months, but today I replaced her with a new 2020 HSE :) I stayed with Indus silver metallic with ebony leather & oyster contrast stitching.

New options on my 2020 that my 2019 did not have (and I wanted from day 1, LOL):

Black exterior trim, Cold Weather pack, Dynamic Drive, Heated steering wheel, 4 zone climate, head up display, 22" diamond turned wheels, pano roof sunshade.

It was an easy change, and Hornburg Los Angeles on the Sunset Strip is the best dealer to buy from (but I do not like their Service at all). Today marked my 5th JLR from Hornburg. Will try and post pics this week, if time allots.

Btw, my new 2020 has H264, H280, S20A...but car is on 16.2 (my 2019 was on 18.2). Is this a huge difference between 16.2 and 18.2?
I hate to turn the brand new car in for service! I've only had Kitty II for about 5 hours. Yes, she has been named Kitty II ;)

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
Where do you look to see which software is installed for various systems? When I bought my 2020, my dealer told me that all the most current/updated software had been installed. I'd like to verify that.

Deutsch100, aside from the new options that you now have on your 2020, are there any other differences between it and the 2019 cars? I think they are the same, but I'd like to hear from someone who has owned both.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You were able to get replacement based on reduced GOM?
I did not try anything legal wise or asking for a replacement regarding reduced G-o-M, but being that this was my 5th car from Hornburg, they applied every discount you could imagine and even gave me $5000 extra to erase the negative equity from my 2019. They were awesome.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you look to see which software is installed for various systems? When I bought my 2020, my dealer told me that all the most current/updated software had been installed. I'd like to verify that.

Deutsch100, aside from the new options that you now have on your 2020, are there any other differences between it and the 2019 cars? I think they are the same, but I'd like to hear from someone who has owned both.
Besides from the panorama roof covering being included on the window sticker ($200) for 2020 (2019 had to be ordered after purchase), I do not notice much difference at all. I know for 2021 there will be changes.

I could have waited for a 2021, but the "deals" would be nothing like I got on this 2020 (and I got a killer deal on my 2019 as well). To get the options on this 2020 that I wanted originally, I could not pass it up :) You only live once. We have 1 life. No returns and No deposits!

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
I'll be interested to hear how you like the shade for the panoramic roof. I also got that when I purchased my 2020, and I haven't had great luck with it. It's flimsy, and the little clips that support it are not well designed. Mine has fallen out in the back once already, and I can't seem to get it properly positioned. It almost seems like it's the wrong size. I contacted my sales associate and sent him some photos, and he told me that he'll look into it.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
I have the shade in mine. I don't have those problems. Yes it is a light weight feature. It doesn't really need to be a big heavy piece (especially if it falls down on the passengers).

The clips have to be positioned in the exact marked locations and with the correct "side up" orientation as depicted in the installation instructions. JAGUAR Accessory Fitting Instructions

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
I have the shade in mine. I don't have those problems. Yes it is a light weight feature. It doesn't really need to be a big heavy piece (especially if it falls down on the passengers).

The clips have to be positioned in the exact marked locations and with the correct "side up" orientation as depicted in the installation instructions. JAGUAR Accessory Fitting Instructions
Thanks for the fitting instructions - I hadn't seen that. My front half piece fits well, the back half doesn't. The instructions show exactly where the clip in the center of the rear piece should go - but my cover has a gap of about an inch to the edge of the roof, so the clip isn't close to going into the spot as shown in the diagram.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
It is missing a clip. I can see in the picture the mark on the edge in the center where it should be.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
I have that clip, but when the clip is on, it's still more than 1/2" from the edge of the roof. The clip touches nothing.

I'll try to reposition it again. If I put it in so that the rear clips are in place, then there's a 1" gap between the center panels.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
You made me go look at mine. :( It had "unclipped" from the installed position too but not sagging as much as yours. The problem appears to be that the "lobes" of the shade are too long/deep. This causes the part of the shade where that clip goes to be too far away from the headliner.

I'm experimenting. I have a slim, strong piece of metal, longer than the clip wedged in between the clip and the headliner. It extends out over the curled part of the clip that attaches to the shade. Together they may hold it in place. I'll drive it a while like that and see what happens. it definitely held firmer than the clip by itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You were able to get replacement based on reduced GOM?
Curious - why do you refer the J-I Pace as “kitty”

it’s not a kitty, literally speaking of course

more like a Cat and ferocious, fast and well built to fend of the competition

But I going to stick with calling it Car

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll be interested to hear how you like the shade for the panoramic roof. I also got that when I purchased my 2020, and I haven't had great luck with it. It's flimsy, and the little clips that support it are not well designed. Mine has fallen out in the back once already, and I can't seem to get it properly positioned. It almost seems like it's the wrong size. I contacted my sales associate and sent him some photos, and he told me that he'll look into it.
Mine fits perfectly, and one would think it came with the car, meaning it does not look like an optional sunshade. I LOVE the pano glass cover. The car feels even cooler inside and it makes it darker, but not totally black.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts