Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
The article perfectly describes my buying decision. I wanted 200 miles of range for the 5%-10% of my driving to see family when I probably need only 50-75 miles on a daily basis. But the article misses the psychology of feeling secure, that either my wife or I can get home to charge without needing to stop at a public charger late at night or needing to charge almost daily.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think there’s also the psychology of reaching a charger only to find it doesn’t work. Do you then have enough range to reach another charger? How far is that charger, 5, 10 or 20 miles away? Honestly, for really long worry-free and quicker trips, I’d probably take my wife’s hybrid.

BTW, is it just me or does this look a bit like our kitty?

·
Registered
603 Posts
What is that, Ken? It does resemble the I-Pace but I guess there's only so much aerodynamic efficiency you can put into a car. Cars look so much alike these days.

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if they also copied the front scoop ...
But yeah if you have the same parameters to optimize (crossover design; maximize interior/minimize exterior; minimize wind resistance; make sure the looks don't suck) you come up with similar solutions ...

·
Registered
494 Posts
What is that, Ken? It does resemble the I-Pace but I guess there's only so much aerodynamic efficiency you can put into a car. Cars look so much alike these days.
Curt, that’s the VW ID Crozz concept car. I agree, the kitty’s rear has a much more aggressive look to it than the VW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts