Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the brake/accelerator GOM reset procedure work with the MY21?
I pressed the startup button with the foot off the brake and then pressed brake and accelerator for about 10 seconds but with no effect.
In the EV panel (Pivi Pro) the predicted range (345 km) is higher than the GOM range (320 km) at 100% SoC.
Which one does the navigation system use when adding charging stops?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,208 Posts
Per SSM75179 for 21MY Range Reset

Issue:
It is advisable to use this process on vehicles after work has been completed on areas of the vehicle that may affect the vehicle’s range.​
Cause:
Predicted range is calculated in the car from the battery energy divided by a term called the consumption gradient. The consumption gradient value changes over time to adapt to the user’s driving and other parameters. This process describes the procedure to reset the consumption gradient’s learned values​
Action:
1. Turn on the ignition, make sure the vehicle is not running (Power Mode 6Ignition on, not running)​
2. Fully depress the brake pedal.​
3. Whilst holding the brake pedal, immediately push down the accelerator pedal.​
4. Hold both pedals depressed for 10 seconds​
5.The range displayed on the dash should increase. The amount by which it increases will vary from vehicle to vehicle.​

Did you press both pedals at once or in sequence as stated above?
In pre-21MY, the navigation use SOC as one drives along.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Per SSM75179 for 21MY Range Reset

Issue:
It is advisable to use this process on vehicles after work has been completed on areas of the vehicle that may affect the vehicle’s range.​
Cause:
Predicted range is calculated in the car from the battery energy divided by a term called the consumption gradient. The consumption gradient value changes over time to adapt to the user’s driving and other parameters. This process describes the procedure to reset the consumption gradient’s learned values​
Action:
1. Turn on the ignition, make sure the vehicle is not running (Power Mode 6Ignition on, not running)​
2. Fully depress the brake pedal.​
3. Whilst holding the brake pedal, immediately push down the accelerator pedal.​
4. Hold both pedals depressed for 10 seconds​
5.The range displayed on the dash should increase. The amount by which it increases will vary from vehicle to vehicle.​

Did you press both pedals at once or in sequence as stated above?
In pre-21MY, the navigation use SOC as one drives along.
Thanks for your reply.
I tried pressing both pedals together rather than first brake then accelerator.
Fully depress brake pedal I guess just means as far as possible?
I will try again tomorrow.
The automatic adding of charging stops when calculating a long journey probably then uses the predicted range, dependent on the consumption gradient.
Not sure why the predicted range and the GOM (also shown on the remote app) have different values at 100% SoC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got a similar issue where the range is saying one thing in the driver's dash and the app (168 miles) and Pivi Pro is saying 240+ (frankly, I think they're both wrong). Battery is 100% charged. Tried the GOM reset and I thought it did it once, although the figures remained the same. Since then it hasn't reset when doing the same procedure. Will hopefully get it looked at by my dealer,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok, I managed to get it to work.
The time interval between depressing the brake and then the accelerator has to be quite short. Also you should not Press Ok to clear on the main driver display before pressing the pedals.

The predicted range is now 405 km
The GOM range or SoC%, in this case 140 km at an SoC of 38% appears to show up as a green arc having the corresponding length.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts