·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oldie but goodie

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got tired of looking like I am dancing around my car, due to the number of tries it takes to work. The remote on the key fob or the button on the hatch work just fine for me. If my hands are full, I just tell my wife or daughter to open the hatch. :cool:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got tired of looking like I am dancing around my car, due to the number of tries it takes to work. The remote on the key fob or the button on the hatch work just fine for me. If my hands are full, I just tell my wife or daughter to open the hatch. :cool:
I used to be a pro but forgot how to do it and have up too

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,163 Posts
I was having an inconsistent experience too. It had also become more difficult after installing the rear mud flaps.

I watched the Jaguar video that gave the orientation to the car's features (posted in another thread). This feature was demonstrated and I realized I was trying too hard. The few times I used it since have been a much better experience after duplicating the demo's dance move.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I follow the above method after I found another video in this forum previously. It works fine for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
To the devil with that! I have the same issue with my "Sparky" (my wife's name for the car). I paid good dime to have that feature and having it work "once in a while" does not suit me. I've been back to the dealership three times with this issue and a similar problem with the keyless entry not working. It'll be a tough sled, but I'm not going to put up with these deficiencies and I'm pursuing lemon law action. All for doors not opening as they should. Ridiculous

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
249 Posts
Its weird that the sensors are in a totally different place to other cars which is confusing if you switch between cars fairly often. How they thought it was a good idea to drop the sensors in the corners and require a diagonal foot wave rather than in the standard place beneath the tailgate I do not know. I can't imagine they need much space.

I have to say though it mostly works for me now that I take into account the odd location and required gesture.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Putting the sensors at the corners allows the hatch to open without the feet having to step back away. The person is already out of the way of the opening hatch. It also avoids someone suing them because they got hit by an opening hatch when they stood too close to it.

@Bucky - please start a different thread and describe your keyless entry not working issues.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
249 Posts
Putting the sensors at the corners allows the hatch to open without the feet having to step back away. The person is already out of the way of the opening hatch. It also avoids someone suing them because they got hit by an opening hatch when they stood too close to it.

@Bucky - please start a different thread and describe your keyless entry not working issues.
Seriously though you have to be a bit of an idiot to get hit in the face by a slow moving hatch (even in the land of the opportunistic law suit). My wife's car has the sensor across the middle of the rear bumper and there has never been the slightest risk of the hatch hitting me in the face.

I am sure I have had Escalades and infiinitis in the US with normal gesture tail opening too, so it can't simply be a US thing.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
There are people in this country that would take the opportunity to file a lawsuit because they acted like idiots and the technology wasn't there, or didn't incorporate logic, to stop them from being injured while doing so. It's a sad state of affairs.

Land Rover is presently being sued because a woman got injured when she didn't ensure her vehicle was in park before she got out after turning the gear shifting knob in a Range Rover. Apparently she didn't turn it all the way to the P position and it was in R. It's the vehicle/Land Rover who's at fault she claims due to the design.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts