Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately too many stories like this. It's service experiences like this that add to my concerns about Jaguar's survival.

·
Super Moderator
2,532 Posts
Wow. That's incredible. Words fail. I hope you really did rip them a new one. I would call JLR corporate and file a complaint too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It really does seem hit or miss with the quality of the dealerships. I have had good experiences with the Jaguar dealer service department (small things, but they were very attentive). The local Range Rover dealership (different owner) has been indifferent at best.

I wonder if it has something to do with our Jaguar dealership also selling Aston Martins and the level of customer service that AM owners demand?

FWIW, neither of the cars were purchased from these local dealerships.

I get so many compliments on my car (my wife was cracking up at all the comments as we winded our way through the drive-up COVID vaccination center), but I can't bring myself to recommend it without a bunch of caveats including the longterm viability of Jaguar in the US.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Sorry to hear, agree this is not ok. But in my area I don’t really see JLR dealers “acting” like luxury dealer, they sadly feel more Chevy/Ford. And I am in NoVA-MD-DC area so I can’t imagine it gets better elsewhere. It’s one of the reason I hesitate to recommend Jaguar as a “luxury” brand. The cars are great, it’s the dealers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
British forum is reporting that the wiring harness is now a mandated repair. A few owners getting it done as part of the second year service.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an EU i-Pace but the campaign hasn't appeared (in Topix) for my car yet.
Maybe just the UK for now?

I can only hope it appears before the 2 year service, which is due soon.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
737 Posts
Wow, judging from what we've seen for this repair, that's not going to be a cheap 'recall'.
Agree. Especially for a company that is NOT on stable ground to begin with :(

21 - 32 of 32 Posts