Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum has many discussions about the gearbox fault / wire harness issue that has plagued early production I-Paces. Details are here: TSB JLRTB02012NAS3: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10179544-0001.pdf

I believe that this issue was a subject of a recall in the UK, but not in the US. Have any of you in the US run into this problem post-warranty? If so, has anyone had any luck on negotiating something with JLR to get them to take responsibility for their design flaw? I just had this problem crop up on my car (which has ~72k miles), and am troubled by the $7krepair cost.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The recall is also in the US. But it was a broke recall, it had to be broke for them to fix it. I believe our warranty is 5 years or 60000 miles. So it seems we could also be in your situation. I assumed, that the notice that came out on the problem, said for the dealers to fix it if it was broke. Wow! I also assumed, if you didn't get the problem in the 1st couple of years Your wiring harness was good.:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts