1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019-2020 MY VINs F60094-F80069
Cause:
No retention to the front Electric Drive Unit (EDU) causing strain on the wiring going to the EDU parking lock actuator connector (C1YE113A).

It's an extensive repair with almost 12 hours allotted to install the fix.

TSB JLRTB02012NAS3: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10179544-0001.pdf

·
Registered
199 Posts
So if no "gearbox fault detected" is/has shown on the instrument cluster, would that mean no work would be performed?
Is this a recall? My car is scheduled for A/C service (stops blowing cold air) in Oct. so I will inquire?
This would be ugly if all cars were affected. Now something more to keep an eye out for.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My car falls in this VIN range. Maybe I should get it inspected? Will be changing over to winter wheels soon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The TSB shows photos comparing the water damage to the locking pall plug. I am wondering if the connector cable waterproofing is defective, allowing corrosion of the connector plug pins and sockets and also corroding the adjacent wiring that eventually fractures when flexed.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
277 Posts
Several of us in the forum have had this failure. Mine was an early one and it took a month to get the part and the service as they were just working out the solution at the time. Fortunately, someone in my area (MyA) had the same issue at the same dealer so they know where to look. Once the cable was replaced, it has been solid ever since (8 months).

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
688 Posts
OMG. Wow, this seems like a lot for Jaguar to take on and handle, as they are already bleeding money and their future as a company is quite compromised :-O This affects my 2019 that I traded in, but appears not to affect my 2020. My 2020 is ...F839xx

·
Registered
191 Posts
This should at least be an inspection item annually for those cars affected. The possibility of being stranded doesn't appeal to me.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
I wish it was a recall. It’s actually my biggest worry about moving the car to Maui, since there are no JLR service centers on the island and the car would have to be picked up and shipped to Honolulu.

·
Registered
277 Posts
@rcomeau Where did you go ? Decarie Motors ?
Hi,

Yes, I bought the car there. The wait was mainly because JLR had just identified the issue and developed a fix, which was, as I understand, a slightly different wire harness and install procedure. We had to wait while the new harnesses were manufactured and distributed, so my car sat for almost a month at Decarie. I had a loaner in the meantime and they kept me reasonably well informed and did the job quickly once they had the part. I was luck in that they had another identical car in for the same reason before me, so they had familiarized themselves with the job on the other car. All in all, I was happy with their service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It seems like my vehicle experienced an issue similar to this when it had about 200 miles on the odometer. However it’s not in the included VIN range (mine is F85xxx). When I was pulling into my garage at low speed, the car kept slamming the brakes on its own every time I tapped the accelerator pedal. Took me 5 mins to get it into the garage. When I tried to charge, it was red and showed an error. I unplugged it and waited an hour and seemed like everything reset on its own now and still fine now after 900 miles.

BTW, @CyberSlug, I am in Honolulu and to me, the JN service department here isn’t very helpful. No loaners when doing service and seems like they are unwilling to do any type of updates to the car.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
BTW, @CyberSlug, I am in Honolulu and to me, the JN service department here isn’t very helpful. No loaners when doing service and seems like they are unwilling to do any type of updates to the car.
Your comment seems to agree with everything else I've read about that dealer group: it's middling at best, and awful quite often. Definitely sucks, because my 2 preferred makes are Jaguar or Audi and they do both of them. It's (almost) pushing me to consider a BMW for the next car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts