Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When was the last time you went to a gas station?

In the past 2 years, I've only used gas stations maybe 10x and that was for renting cars on long road trips.
It's been months since I've even stepped foot one and I don't miss them

·
Registered
427 Posts
When was the last time you went to a gas station?

In the past 2 years, I've only used gas stations maybe 10x and that was for renting cars on long road trips.
It's been months since I've even stepped foot one and I don't miss them
I stop in several times a week, but only for the convenience store portion. I've only stopped for gas when driving my wife's car, so maybe 6 times in the last year to fill her car.
Definitely don't miss the frequent fill ups. Plugging the car in a couple times per week - full charge for the weekend and full charge at end of weekend. The convenience is fantastic.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Going to the gas station to fill up is one of my most annoying irks in life. I know it is not hard, and no big deal...but I hate it. I am so happy not going to the gas station.

I got my 2019 BMW i3s in Sept and when it was bought back in December, I got my I-Pace. So besides from a few gallons here and there in a dealer loaner car a few times....I have not fully filled a tank in 5 months. Love!!

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
I-Pace or not, I stop at the gas station pretty much every day, some days more than once, as in my corner of the world a gas station is an awesome oasis of yummy junk food! Where else can I get 44 ounces of Dr. Pepper or Mountain Dew for a dollar?

In 5 months of ownership, I now have more miles on the Discovery than I had on the I-Pace. I estimate I have filled the tank ~26 times. Considering I plugged the I-Pace in every single day and some days, especially in the winter, several times in a day, I bet I spent more time plugging in the car than it took me to fuel up those 26 times. Never mind wasting 2 hours of my life I will never get back each time I needed to get to a full charge while traveling or the time I lost because I had to drive 60 mph vs 75mph in order to barely make it to the next charger...it is great things are working for you all, but I’ll stick with liquid fuel for a bit longer.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I still go to fuel stations when I drive my other vehicles. Long distance trips are better suited in them without stopping for lengthy recharges. One 15 minute refill of diesel fuel is all it takes to do an 800 mile round trip (with with fuel to spare) instead of multiple hours at charging stations.

And during the warm months, my lawn tractor still likes to be fed petrol though I may replace it with an electric one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Since I’ve been driving a loaner Evoque while I wait for a wire harness (it will have taken a month to obtain and install a wire), I have to get gas.

BTW, I used to think the infotainment was slow on the iPace, it is rediculous on the Evoque. I have to hold my finger on the defrost button for at least one full second (while driving) to get it to activate. I thought the defrost was broken for a while since it never reacted to touching the skin ont he screen.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I drove a used Chevy Volt for nearly 5 years and bought about 550L gas/petrol in that time. Last summer we went all EV - Kia SOUL EV for my wife and the I-pace for me. Haven't bought a drop of gas for our cars since August and will never (or maybe close to never) buy a drop of gas again!!!

Our son took over the VOLT and is averaging 2L/100km gas fuel economy and he doesn't even have a place to charge the car at his home!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts