Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s a beautiful, 75 degree day. Drove to the zoo with the fam and a couple of errands afterwards for a total of 60.4 miles. The last half mile I received the low-power mode message (it shutoff the climate and entertainment systems). It’s charging now (Level 2 ChargePoint).

We bought a demo with ~4k miles on it in April ‘20. Granted we’ve put less than 3k miles on it since (thanks COVID), but this is ridiculous for a car with 6,700 miles on it.

On the plus side, maybe we can get a new battery pack out of the deal, which begs the question, if your battery pack is replaced do you get a new eight year warranty?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, the GOM predicted 207 miles at 100% charge.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,303 Posts
You may have to book it into a dealer for investigation. Obviously it shouldn't go from 100% to low charge in such a short distance.

If you have an Android device available, use WattCat app to check the battery charging and the state of capacity when it is fully charged. Look at the "optimization" figure too.
You can also monitor the charging using https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/charge.html.
You can also get basic information using https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html. It will give more information than the Jaguar Remote app. The EV_... values will be of interest.
Use your Jaguar Remote login to use these useful sites. They pass it along to login to the Jaguar servers.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
724 Posts
It’s a beautiful, 75 degree day. Drove to the zoo with the fam and a couple of errands afterwards for a total of 60.4 miles. The last half mile I received the low-power mode message (it shutoff the climate and entertainment systems). It’s charging now (Level 2 ChargePoint).

We bought a demo with ~4k miles on it in April ‘20. Granted we’ve put less than 3k miles on it since (thanks COVID), but this is ridiculous for a car with 6,700 miles on it.

On the plus side, maybe we can get a new battery pack out of the deal, which begs the question, if your battery pack is replaced do you get a new eight year warranty?
Is this something that happened all at once, or has your range been slowly degrading over a few weeks/months? My understanding is that cells (within groups of 12) go bad leading to lower capacity. 60% would suggest you have lost between 2/3 - 3/4 of your battery. This would mean many cells going bad all at once. Perhaps a battery management issue on top of a ruined battery. A dealership visit is in your future .

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Spooky.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had no idea Fire tablets do not run pure Android OS, so I’m outta luck on using WattCat. I have an ancient HTC phone but can’t find the charger!

I’m calling the dealer tomorrow anyway because I’m now also getting the “drive with caution” suspension message.

I’m wondering if these two issues are related, because as I was in A drive-through today I could hear what sounded like the compressor running, trying to adjust the ride height. Maybe the compressor is draining the battery.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Unless your zoo is on top of a mountain with a 60 mile steep uphill climb (does that even exist??), something isn't right. Sorry you have to deal with this. Hope your dealer is one of the good ones!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts