Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my screens went blank for a few minutes. When they came back up, the full charge now showed 201 miles (instead of 282 which is what it showed previously). I wasn't able to reset it nor was the dealer. So now I'm stuck with 201 miles when it's fully charged. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
The other day my screens went blank for a few minutes. When they came back up, the full charge now showed 201 miles (instead of 282 which is what it showed previously). I wasn't able to reset it nor was the dealer. So now I'm stuck with 201 miles when it's fully charged. Anyone else have this issue?
Nothing changed in your car except for the numbers displayed, neither which are likely to be an accurate representation of how far you can drive on a full charge. I would encourage you not to be concerned with that display.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got my I-Pace last week and after the first full charge, GOM said 325km, after speaking to the techs here, they told me that because there is no driving history, the GOM is out of wack, that I should give it a couple of days, and indeed it got resolved, went to 454km. Maybe when your screens went dark your driving history got wiped as well, see if it gets resolved in a few days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thanks. The first time it happened i was able to reset it back to 282 using the: start button, pedal push method. This time that didn't work. I realize neither number is 'accurate". Just curious why it didn't reset this time, nor could the dealer reset it.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Ok, thanks. The first time it happened i was able to reset it back to 282 using the: start button, pedal push method. This time that didn't work. I realize neither number is 'accurate". Just curious why it didn't reset this time, nor could the dealer reset it.
One of the updates disabled the sensible way to reset it. The new way involved going fast and slamming on the brakes 3 times or some such nonsense. You can search the forum and find the exact sequence of acceleration/braking if you wish to give it a try

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the updates disabled the sensible way to reset it. The new way involved going fast and slamming on the brakes 3 times or some such nonsense. You can search the forum and find the exact sequence of acceleration/braking if you wish to give it a try
Thanks! I'll probably just accept the 201...lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
When I first got the I-Pace (almost a year ago), my eyes were glued to that danm GOM, seeing how it changed when I drove highway vs. city, aggresssively vs. calmly, etc. A year later I hardly bother or notice... I look at the "gauge" and SOC to decide when and if I plug in, generally only when I fall below 50% or have a long (>100 mi) day of driving planned. Message to new owners: your fascination/obsession with the GOM will pass...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I always go back to the basics: reset your trip after each charge, compare miles you have driven to the SOC percent drop, and go from there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just got my I-Pace last week and after the first full charge, GOM said 325km, after speaking to the techs here, they told me that because there is no driving history, the GOM is out of wack, that I should give it a couple of days, and indeed it got resolved, went to 454km. Maybe when your screens went dark your driving history got wiped as well, see if it gets resolved in a few days.
Mine has been consistently 325 since day 1. That was 6+ months ago. How di you get it to move?

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Mine has been consistently 325 since day 1. That was 6+ months ago. How di you get it to move?
You're part of their experiment where they try to test whether setting a single GoM as a hard parameter value based on your location and dispensing with the stupid estimation actually reduces driver anxiety. Please report back when you have results >:)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mine actually makes a decent attempt to adjust to recent trips - which I understand, but is also kinda dumb. If the last few trips I've made were highway, then my GOM range goes down. After a few days of city, it goes back up. I think it should adjust to show you the range based on "If you kept driving as you have since you started this trip" (i.e. take the miles since last charging session and divide by the battery % used since the last charging - anytime after you've moved 5 miles or more.) That would be the sanest (and easiest) thing to do. If you keep doing what you've been doing today, this is how far you can go. And, if it knows WHERE you're going, it should tell you if you're not gonna make it (or make it HOME from there) without a charge.

It doesn't matter if, for the last month, I've only been driving to work & the store ... TODAY, I'm driving at 75 on the highway, uphill, and into the wind for the last 10 minutes, so ADJUST and tell me how far I can go if I keep doing what I'm doing!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I never did anything, but in fact, it is now back to 325 mostly, although it goes back to 454 some times. I'd rather it'd just stay at 325 which is way more realistic for my driving style >:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts