Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just shy of 3000km since 15th July in Canberra, Australia with an economy of 25.3kW/100km.
Climate for most of it was mostly 0 Deg C to 13 Deg C with the car garaged and no preconditioning and driven in standard mode and not driven for economy. (20" wheels)
Most driving is in 60 & 90km/h zones with stop starts of traffic lights
Was only getting about 250km range around the city but that has increased to nearly 300km now is warmed (5 Deg C- 23 Deg C)
Car does show 400km range at the start but have never got close to it.
Also notice the last 10% only does about 20km so that's dangerous if you trust it.
Car knows the speedo is out by 5km/h too which is annoying as the speed limiter cuts in at 205

How does that compare to others?

Longest single trip Gold Coast Qld to Canberra ACT, 1,100km which took 18 hours using 50kw/h DC chargers (4 stops approximately 250km apart)
Longest run I had so far was in January at 40-45 Deg C. Made 330km at 120km/h on a freeway run with 6% SOC remaining on the same trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Unless my math is wrong, that translates to 40.7 kWh/100 miles. Because our winters are so mild here in Florida, I expect that I'll be below 25KWh/100 miles in the coming months, but that's with only using the heated seats and steering wheel (I almost never need to use cabin heat).

In the summer with heavy A/C usage, I'm seeing 33 kWh/100 miles (20.5 kWh/100 km) around town and about 38 kWh/100 miles (23.6 kWh/100 km) on longer highway runs at about 75 MPH (120 KPH). I can comfortably go about 200 miles on a charge at highway speeds and realistically 220 if I know that I have a charger at my destination.

I'm also on 20 inch wheels.

I think these differences in our numbers are being driven by the large hit that one expects with using cabin heat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes that's correct (*1.612) I do a lot of 16km (10mi) trips so heating is probably chewing up a lot of energy at 5 deg C ( 41F).
will be interesting to see what happens in Oct / Nov as it should be driving in the 10 Deg C (50F) - 25 Deg C (77F) Summer is hot here during the day as we get a few months of 30 Deg C (86F) - 40 Deg C (104F) so that probably uses a lot of energy to cool the battery then.
From my BMW i3 days the winter is the one that reduces range the most.
Will capture the next two months and repost the results.
mmm...Maybe I need to use the heated seats more as that's probably more efficient.
Just seen you post about your purchase... Red looks great with the new wheels.. Love my caesium blue but I think the red looks better!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am curious about the efficiency of the heated seats on the I Pace. On the Volt, they were very efficient and I hardly noticed any drop in range when using them.

As for colors, I really just stumbled across the Photon Red and ended up liking in person more than in photos. I honestly have not seen a color on the I Pace that I didn't like.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been amazed. I see almost no difference in my daily commute whether the outside temp is 85 deg or 65 deg. No idea why. I will try a test over the next week using normal, eco and dynamic modes to see if there is any difference. Of course my commute is only 9.8 miles with low traffic. But I would have expected to see lower consumption now that the the hot weather is behind me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When it was hot, were you preconditioning? The precondition does not show up in the trip log. At the worst of August's heat, I was at about 35 kWh/100 miles and now I'm already down to about 30 with temps in the 80s instead of the 90s. My commute is five miles each way in moderate to heavy traffic.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In the summer up here in Canada which has been very hot, I've averaged 22.3 KW/100km over about 6000km. Mostly highway commuting 30km one way doing about 100-110KPH. That's with 22inch rims. No preconditioning. Now that fall has arrived my efficiency is a bit better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok will be interesting to see if I drop down to the low 20's kW/100km not the temperature is in the sweet spot
where in Canada are you?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oakville just west of Toronto. I don't drive aggressively. My winter efficiency with 18 inch winter tires was quite a bit worse. I found that the winter 18s were worse than the summer 22s at lower speeds (40-70 kph non highway) at the same temp. I think due to the tread resistance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just shy of 3000km since 15th July in Canberra, Australia with an economy of 25.3kW/100km.
Climate for most of it was mostly 0 Deg C to 13 Deg C with the car garaged and no preconditioning and driven in standard mode and not driven for economy. (20" wheels)
Was only getting about 250km range around the city but that has increased to nearly 300km now is warmed (5 Deg C- 23 Deg C)
Also notice the last 10% only does about 20km so that's dangerous if you trust it.
Car knows the speedo is out by 5km/h too which is annoying as the speed limiter cuts in at 205

Longest single trip Gold Coast Qld to Canberra ACT, 1,100km which took 18 hours using 50kw/h DC chargers (4 stops approximately 250km apart)
Longest run I had so far was in January at 40-45 Deg C. Made 330km at 120km/h on a freeway run with 6% SOC remaining on the same trip.
Thanks for the post. I am a i pace owner and would appreciate contacting you by phone or e mail to compare notes if that is possible. especially about where you topped up on your Canberra to Gold Coast trip. Is that possible. My e mail is [email protected]

Thanks for your post. Can I contact you about where you topped up your battery on your Gold Coast to Canberra trip? My e mail is [email protected] ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oakville just west of Toronto. I don't drive aggressively. My winter efficiency with 18 inch winter tires was quite a bit worse. I found that the winter 18s were worse than the summer 22s at lower speeds (40-70 kph non highway) at the same temp. I think due to the tread resistance.
Thanks for the post. I am a i pace owner and would appreciate contacting you by phone or e mail to compare notes if that is possible. especially about where you topped up on your Canberra to Gold Coast trip. Is that possible. My e mail is [email protected]

Thanks for your post. Can I contact you about where you topped up your battery on your Gold Coast to Canberra trip? My e mail is [email protected] ?
ok have sent you an email.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Latest economy with warmer weather 10-20 deg C.. dropped about 2kW/h100km and one was a tough run climbing 800m that blew it out.
The funny one is the best the car has seen, it was my son driving just after he got his learners that would my grandma look like F1 driver. I cannot get within 6kW/h100km of that on the same run

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts