Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New member to the forum as of today and new I pace owner as of Friday. Unfortunately, I already seem to be having an issue. My front trunk won’t open. It makes an electronic sound when I push the open button on either the key fob or the dash but it doesn’t unlatch. Any ideas what’s going on? Is there a manual release? My manual is in there so I can’t even check that. Thanks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There is a manual latch that you have to release as well, after you trigger the electronic release. There should be a small gap you can slide your fingers in to - you’ll feel the latch just about dead center.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve opened it before, so I understand how it works, but it won’t open at all, not even enough to get to the latch. That’s the problem

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
270 Posts
Ah, sorry.
Yes, there is a manual release. I’ve attached a screen grab from the iGuide app.
Funny. When I bought the car, the black plastic knob/cover was sitting in the cupholder. Sales guy said he did not know what it was. Went back to the service guys, they had no idea.
That page of the manual does not come up when just brousing thru the app and the spot it attachs to is not easy to see unless you get on hands and knees looking for it.

Glad the knob/cover is now back in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts