Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Front License Plate

8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  sciencegeek 
#1 ·
Since I'm in California, I decided to install the front license plate. The I-Pace came with mounting bracket and after fiddling around, I decided to mount it with the grill clips on top. I didn't like the idea of drilling the bottom mounts into the bumper and just leaving the plastic tabs exposed looked like it would scratch the finish. I ended up grinding off the tabs and using some license plate rubber bumpers I found on eBay. The fit is tight and doesn't rattle about.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I’m in the same CA situation, but haven’t run front plates for over 9 months — didn’t want to drill into my I-Pace. I like your solution. Is it secure? My solution was to use 3m double stick tape where the screws would go, but never got around to doing this.

#7 ·
I've been dreading doing this but after a police car seemed to check me out today when passing by, I decided to Install my front license plate using the provided plastic adapter and screws (same approach as Time2Roll). The adapter was found in the trunk was fairly easy to install using the screws that expand the 2 brackets locking into the plastic lower vent, then screwed in the license plate with a matte black metal frame so that it didn't look cheap. Pretty easy.
Disappointments? The package only contained 5 screws instead of 6 so I wasn't able to complete the job. Jaguar must be taking counting and QA lessons from other manufacturers- plus no instructions and nothing in the manual but figured it out.... I tested by pulling on the plate adapter - it didn't come off but I don't feel the attachment is all that secure and was surprised that the lower grille to which it mounts is actually plastic. The plastic adapter has to age and become brittle and snap at some point so I will ask the dealer about it when I eventually schedule service.
I actually don't think the installation looks bad- I was surprised. I'm waiting to see what repercussions I may have with sensors as I didn't tape any off or apply any pads to prevent vibration or rubbing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.