Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm in California, I decided to install the front license plate. The I-Pace came with mounting bracket and after fiddling around, I decided to mount it with the grill clips on top. I didn't like the idea of drilling the bottom mounts into the bumper and just leaving the plastic tabs exposed looked like it would scratch the finish. I ended up grinding off the tabs and using some license plate rubber bumpers I found on eBay. The fit is tight and doesn't rattle about.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’m in the same CA situation, but haven’t run front plates for over 9 months — didn’t want to drill into my I-Pace. I like your solution. Is it secure? My solution was to use 3m double stick tape where the screws would go, but never got around to doing this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m in the same CA situation, but haven’t run front plates for over 9 months — didn’t want to drill into my I-Pace. I like your solution. Is it secure? My solution was to use 3m double stick tape where the screws would go, but never got around to doing this.
Very secure. Your only decision is whether you want the grill clamps to be on the top or on the bottom.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I haven't run a front plate on my FRS since 2013. Been pulled over a few times. The CHP and sheriffs haven't commented.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts