Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed recently that my front footwell lights are on at night when driving. It's not every trip. I don't mean the coloured ambient lighting which can switch off. These are the white lights that go on when you open the car door. Is there somewhere to turn these off? The manual states they should go off after 20 secs after all doors closed/locked. I tried holding the center front interior courtesy light until it flashes but that didn't do anything.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine have been on since the day I got it. No idea how to turn them off. They turn down with the dimmer function, but everything else dims too much at the same time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, that is the Ambient Lighting feature. Most higher-end cars have them now, including our Lexus, Porsche, and even our F-150 King Ranch. There is a menu item in the touchscreen settings that allows you to change their color and level, including an off setting. However, you can only control all of the ambient lights at one time, not individually.

I tend to use the dark blue color as it is less visually intrusive than the white/red/orange/etc options.

Edit: Adding a photo I found online

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that is the Ambient Lighting feature. Most higher-end cars have them now, including our Lexus, Porsche, and even our F-150 King Ranch. There is a menu item in the touchscreen settings that allows you to change their color and level, including an off setting. However, you can only control all of the ambient lights at one time, not individually.

I tend to use the dark blue color as it is less visually intrusive than the white/red/orange/etc options.

Edit: Adding a photo I found online
Thanks for replying. This isn't actually the ambient lighting - I can turn the ambient lighting off (door panels/foot well colored lights). What is always on is the white footwell lights that go on when you open doors. When I turn ambient lighting off, I can see the blue lights in the footwell go off but the white footwell is on always when the headlights are on. I can control it with the dimmer switch at the left hand side that controls the instrument panel brightness. I find it odd that there isn't a way to turn it off.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for replying. This isn't actually the ambient lighting - I can turn the ambient lighting off (door panels/foot well colored lights). What is always on is the white footwell lights that go on when you open doors. When I turn ambient lighting off, I can see the blue lights in the footwell go off but the white footwell is on always when the headlights are on. I can control it with the dimmer switch at the left hand side that controls the instrument panel brightness. I find it odd that there isn't a way to turn it off.
By the time I got around to writing that answer, I had forgotten that you had said it wasn't the ambients. Sorry!

On some cars when you rotate the instrument panel dimmer far enough it forces some interior lights on but I went out and tried it and our car's dimmer control doesn't do that. I couldn't find any explanation twiddling with the controls in my car but I can't find a way to recreate what you are experiencing.

Maybe the electronic relay that switches on the footwell lighting has failed in an "on" state. I can't imagine what else you can do other than check with the dealer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the time I got around to writing that answer, I had forgotten that you had said it wasn't the ambients. Sorry!

On some cars when you rotate the instrument panel dimmer far enough it forces some interior lights on but I went out and tried it and our car's dimmer control doesn't do that. I couldn't find any explanation twiddling with the controls in my car but I can't find a way to recreate what you are experiencing.

Maybe the electronic relay that switches on the footwell lighting has failed in an "on" state. I can't imagine what else you can do other than check with the dealer.
Thanks. I have to take the car in for it's winter wheels. I'm also stuck on the 19A infotainment and old version telematics or whatever it's called. I'll see if I get a reasonalbe answer and post it here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts