Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

How often do you reset your G-o-M (range indicator)

• After every 100% charge

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When I feel like it

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Never

Votes: 10 76.9%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how often y'all reset your G-o-M.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just did my reset after many months.
My optimistic G-o-M went down around 25 miles.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've been driving the IPace since 1 year now, and I never did it, and I would say that it is pretty accurate for me. I have about 400km with a full battery, 300km with 75%, 200km with 50%, etc... and I really drive about 100km when the battery goes from 100% to 75% and the GOM goes down by 100km. I would not want to fix anything if it is not broken for me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have only had mine for 6 weeks so I am still "playing" with it too much to do a reset. Also, I am about 2 months away from the end of the hot weather which will impact the range significantly I imagine. I will probably do one in a couple of weeks then again in November.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
215 Posts
I voted never, but I did it once a long time ago just to see if I could. Theoretically, it is a machine learning algorithm that should improve as it collects more data. Given its relatively sketchy performance for us I can understand wanting to give it a reset, but in practice that should only make it worse. I could see it being beneficial if drivers and/or driving styles change dramatically, or if some major change occurs in the power management/usage algorithms used that would invalidate all of the data it had learned so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts