Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little pi**ed at my selling dealer.
I provided my VIN to my excellent local servicing dealer (close to my work) and they called me back this morning and told me in addition to H264 being ready for my car, that there are 3! other campaigns that SHOULD have been done BEFORE my car was delivered to me about 1.5 weeks ago.

My car is currently at the dealer for: H264, H221, H207 and H228.

One of these is even a safety "recall" regarding some latch, that they don't even think they have in stock :| They were pretty adamant that I leave my car this a.m., instead of coming back next week.

And....they said they will have my car 3-4 days; longer if the latch does not arrive.

I told the Service Mgr. that I am having no troubles with my new car....No range of 201 or 282, no presets erasing, no charging issues, no blank screens, no freezing screens, etc. He told me: "you're lucky" :-O

I asked him if any of these 4 updates can cause problems and he said: "YES", but they hope not and will do their best, but cannot guarantee that my settings will not all be gone and that I will not have to "set up" the entire car to my preferences, when I pick it up!

Fun way to end 2019. But hey...I got to drive my car 100% trouble free for about 1.5 weeks.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I told my dealer that I needed everything updated, gave them the names of the update names, campaigns, tire pressure it was suppose to be and had them take a picture, send it to me for proof

I'm shocked they didn't do the recall before handing it over to you

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm a little pi**ed at my selling dealer.
I provided my VIN to my excellent local servicing dealer (close to my work) and they called me back this morning and told me in addition to H264 being ready for my car, that there are 3! other campaigns that SHOULD have been done BEFORE my car was delivered to me about 1.5 weeks ago.

My car is currently at the dealer for: H264, H221, H207 and H228.

One of these is even a safety "recall" regarding some latch, that they don't even think they have in stock :| They were pretty adamant that I leave my car this a.m., instead of coming back next week.

And....they said they will have my car 3-4 days; longer if the latch does not arrive.

I told the Service Mgr. that I am having no troubles with my new car....No range of 201 or 282, no presets erasing, no charging issues, no blank screens, no freezing screens, etc. He told me: "you're lucky" :-O

I asked him if any of these 4 updates can cause problems and he said: "YES", but they hope not and will do their best, but cannot guarantee that my settings will not all be gone and that I will not have to "set up" the entire car to my preferences, when I pick it up!

Fun way to end 2019. But hey...I got to drive my car 100% trouble free for about 1.5 weeks.
The latch thing is not that critical. It's basically a cable latch to the front hood. Also, it's the H270 update (not H207), that is instrument cluster update, which only appeared to North American Topix with the H264 range update. The H228 is the safety recall update related to brake and regeneration, IIRC, that was made available over the the summer. Don't recall what is H221 - this may have been the sticker to the charge port campaign.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
H207 is the hood latch. H270 is an EU campaign to enable AVAS for all cars. US DOT doesn't require it on cars sold before middle of next year, so I doubt we'll get that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts