Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My custom ordered I-pace arrived a few weeks ago and it wasn’t until recently I thought to look underneath. There are 4 small blue foam blocks stuck to the bottom of the battery cover. Are these supposed to be there for jacking or something, or were they for shipping and my dealer neglected to remove them?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
My custom ordered I-pace arrived a few weeks ago and it wasn’t until recently I thought to look underneath. There are 4 small blue foam blocks stuck to the bottom of the battery cover. Are these supposed to be there for jacking or something, or were they for shipping and my dealer neglected to remove them?
While I am not 100% certain, I would bet your dealer forgot to remove them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I looked under my car and it is flat with only aluminum or black plastic colors. Nothing is blue. You need to return your car to the factory so the guy who forgot to take them off won't get in trouble.:wink2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They come like that from the factory, They must've forgotten to remove them. You can just rip them off! lol
If I left them do you think it would affect aerodynamics/range? If not I'm considering leaving them and seeing how long before they come off on their own. They are stuck on really well. It will take more than a quick tug to take them off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If I left them do you think it would affect aerodynamics/range? If not I'm considering leaving them and seeing how long before they come off on their own. They are stuck on really well. It will take more than a quick tug to take them off.
It probably wouldn't affect it much, They usually come off with a quick tug if not just take it to Retailer you bought it from and have them remove it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's not considerate of anyone following you who would get a surprise of blue flying objects coming off your car and hitting theirs. They won't know what hit them. :surprise:

And if that trailing vehicle is another I-pace, they might get stuck in that front "spoiler" area blocking the air flow over the bonnet and windscreen thereby impacting its range. :wink2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts