Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I am coming out of a 2019 BMW i3S Range Extender and into a new 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE.

In 2017 we tried two PHEV (BMW X5 40e and 740e), but we loathed the 4 cylinder engine and sad 10-ish miles of all electric range.

LOVE my 2019 i3S, but it has had continual generator issues from week one, and BMW has bought it back from me :( Will miss that quirky, little bugger. i3S is a blast to drive.

Anyway, signed the papers yesterday on a brand new HSE I-Pace; Corris Grey with Ebony Windsor leather and Ivory stitching.

Wanted to drive it home yesterday, but all 60+ I-Pace the dealer has in stock ALL need multiple software updates. I was really surprised a brand new car has to go to Service before you can take delivery.

Fingers crossed I get her tomorrow! I have had tons of BMW, MBZ, Range Rover, Porsche, Audi, Rolls, Bentley...but have never owned a Jag. I have always wanted one, but family always talked me out of it. Here's hoping I love it as much as how long I have wanted one ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Hi all! I am coming out of a 2019 BMW i3S Range Extender and into a new 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE.

In 2017 we tried two PHEV (BMW X5 40e and 740e), but we loathed the 4 cylinder engine and sad 10-ish miles of all electric range.

LOVE my 2019 i3S, but it has had continual generator issues from week one, and BMW has bought it back from me [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img] Will miss that quirky, little bugger. i3S is a blast to drive.

Anyway, signed the papers yesterday on a brand new HSE I-Pace; Corris Grey with Ebony Windsor leather and Ivory stitching.

Wanted to drive it home yesterday, but all 60+ I-Pace the dealer has in stock ALL need multiple software updates. I was really surprised a brand new car has to go to Service before you can take delivery.

Fingers crossed I get her tomorrow! I have had tons of BMW, MBZ, Range Rover, Porsche, Audi, Rolls, Bentley...but have never owned a Jag. I have always wanted one, but family always talked me out of it. Here's hoping I love it as much as how long I have wanted one [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Welcome. It is a pretty nice car and this is a great group to help you get familiar with it’s quirks

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome, Deutsch100! Most of us are first time EV owners, I believe. Most are first time Jag owners, too (myself included). Yes, you will learn that like Windows, EVs need constant updates. Shame on the dealer for not having yours ready, though. At least SOTA (software over the air) is now working. Only recently has it gone live for most of us after almost a year of waiting. Not all of the modules can be updated via SOTA, however. In fact, mine is due for some module updates, too, but I'm awaiting a convenient time to drop it off. Runs fantastic if you're fortunate to avoid some of the (fairly rare) extreme issues (battery fault, etc.) that some owners have seen. Enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts

LOVE my 2019 i3S, but it has had continual generator issues from week one, and BMW has bought it back from me :( Will miss that quirky, little bugger. i3S is a blast to drive.

Fingers crossed I get her tomorrow! I have had tons of BMW, MBZ, Range Rover, Porsche, Audi, Rolls, Bentley...but have never owned a Jag. I have always wanted one, but family always talked me out of it. Here's hoping I love it as much as how long I have wanted one ;)
It's a rollercoaster.

Seriously; you'll get highs & lows like no other marque (with the possible exception of Alfa Romeo).

Excellent cars, lousy post-sales service.

It'll be a love-hate relationship.

Having said that, I've just ordered my fifth 'modern' Jag. They get under your skin...

:smile2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm at the dealer now getting my winter wheels installed. I'm stuck on 19A infotainment software. SOTA not working for me. Asked if it could be installed. Suggested I book a separate appointment as apparently it can take a while to update - he said he's got a car here > a day still updating - not an I-pace though. Process must be more complicated than just updating your phone?

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
I'm at the dealer now getting my winter wheels installed. I'm stuck on 19A infotainment software. SOTA not working for me. Asked if it could be installed. Suggested I book a separate appointment as apparently it can take a while to update - he said he's got a car here > a day still updating - not an I-pace though. Process must be more complicated than just updating your phone?
The infotainment is easy and should available OTA. Since yours is not working OTA, I suspect you need additional updates and those can be onerous. It took them nearly 3 full days (according to the dealer) to update all modules in my car

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The infotainment is easy and should available OTA. Since yours is not working OTA, I suspect you need additional updates and those can be onerous. It took them nearly 3 full days (according to the dealer) to update all modules in my car
It’s so interesting they did all the updates on mine in around 3-4 hours. I’ve seen others take days.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
It’s so interesting they did all the updates on mine in around 3-4 hours. I’ve seen others take days.
Two possibilities:

1. My dealers pathfinder system is using a dial-up modem

2. They didn’t update all 30+ modules in your car

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am super frustrated and about to cancel my purchase. Although I have signed all paperwork and put the payment down...I have not taken physical delivery of my new I-Pace. Under CA law until I take physical ownership, I can cancel the deal.

I am bummed, but this is a horrible way to start a new car ownership. I could not drive it home on the weekend because multiple software updates had to be performed. I was promised my car Monday morning. Not done. Then promised Monday lunchtime. Not done. Then Monday afternoon. Not done. Then Monday late afternoon. Not done.

I was then promised Tues morning. Not done. Then Tues (today) late morning. Not done. Then Tues lunchtime. NOPE. Updates keep failing. This gives me a pit in my stomach and my gut tells me to walk away :(

****, I loved the car I found and bought, but I just get this deep gut feeling that I am going to be in and out of the service dept. with software issues. I mean if they cannot even get it right for a car not even delivered......

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bet that if you tell them you are going to cancel the sale, you might get the car faster... It also wouldn't hurt if you'd ask them exactly what updates are the ones being made. It is a great car, I traded in my i3 and it is a completely different animal love my I-Pace.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sh*t, Fu*k!

Deal cancelled. Shop Foreman just contacted the Sales Dept. that they have opened a case with JLR No. America. The software updates will NOT take on my new I Pace and the car is not functioning (won't turn on). Brand new, 39 miles :(

Dealer is cancelling my paperwork tomorrow and refunding my down payment! I am so bummed. Whether it is true or not, the Jag dealer said this is the first I-Pace to ever do what mine did today! Yay me!!!! :(

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sh*t, Fu*k!

Deal cancelled. Shop Foreman just contacted the Sales Dept. that they have opened a case with JLR No. America. The software updates will NOT take on my new I Pace and the car is not functioning (won't turn on). Brand new, 39 miles [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Dealer is cancelling my paperwork tomorrow and refunding my down payment! I am so bummed. Whether it is true or not, the Jag dealer said this is the first I-Pace to ever do what mine did today! Yay me!!!! [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]
If I may ask, what dealer and what was the cars build date?
There are still plenty of cars in CA and today is the last day for the state rebate

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are still plenty of cars in CA and today is the last day for the state rebate
Hornburg Jaguar Land Rover. Do you mean the $3000 offered by JLR, which I got in addition to the federal $7500? That was for 12/1 to today 12/3. I was told this was not a state rebate, but offered from JLR.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hornburg Jaguar Land Rover. Do you mean the $3000 offered by JLR, which I got in addition to the federal $7500? That was for 12/1 to today 12/3. I was told this was not a state rebate, but offered from JLR.
Hornburg has a few other stores. NEWPORT is theirs too and they have a ton of cars which they are aggressively moving.

Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (CVRP) ends today for this car.
That's an additional $2500 back from California

You get a free charger, $1500 towards installation
If you're electric utility is socal edison, you get a other $1k from them

The $3k JLR rebate does end today as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am super frustrated and about to cancel my purchase. Although I have signed all paperwork and put the payment down...I have not taken physical delivery of my new I-Pace. Under CA law until I take physical ownership, I can cancel the deal.

I am bummed, but this is a horrible way to start a new car ownership. I could not drive it home on the weekend because multiple software updates had to be performed. I was promised my car Monday morning. Not done. Then promised Monday lunchtime. Not done. Then Monday afternoon. Not done. Then Monday late afternoon. Not done.

I was then promised Tues morning. Not done. Then Tues (today) late morning. Not done. Then Tues lunchtime. NOPE. Updates keep failing. This gives me a pit in my stomach and my gut tells me to walk away :(

****, I loved the car I found and bought, but I just get this deep gut feeling that I am going to be in and out of the service dept. with software issues. I mean if they cannot even get it right for a car not even delivered......
I work at a Jaguar Retailer and if that happens to one of our clients then we put them in a loaner vehicle until your vehicle is ready. I really wouldn't rush them I would want everything done correctly the first time. When I took delivery of my wifes I-Pace in September 2019 it had about 12 recalls and I didn't take it home for like a week. The I-Pace is a great car and if you liked the I3 then you are going to love this vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased a 2019 I-PACE from Mission Viejo in September. I had trouble with a couple features and brought it in to service. Good thing I did because there were five recalls on. This is understandable as a first year all-new vehicle. BUT ... the dealership should have informed me of these!! In fact, they should have proactively applied the recall updates to all vehicles in stock. Turns about a couple items I thought didn’t work were things I just hadn’t figured out in the menus. The service manager was clueless, and the tech (via paperwork) just said they worked fine. So I turned to the “Encore” guy. I texted with him and even went for a test drive with him. That one-on-one interaction (free/included) is the best way to get answers. Despite my service issues, I absolutely love the car!! Never going back to ICE cars.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts