Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ipaceDoh.jpg

Has anyone has reached a destination only to find you lost a door handle facade. I wonder how long this takes to get sorted out. Hope this isn't a design flaw that will repeat

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Ouch, so sorry, must hurt to see the missing part. Fortunately and hopefully it should be easy to get and replace by dealer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sorry stubbsz, yours is the first report I've seen here or on the UK forum.
Just curious - did you notice it upon arrival at your destination when you went to lock the car or did you notice it some time after you reached your destination? I'm asking whether it fell off during the drive or if someone tried to pry open the handle and popped the facade off after you had arrived.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had a piece of trim mysteriously disappear too. A small triangular window trim piece on the driver's side near the rear view mirror. Dealer had the part in 24 hours and the install took 15 minutes.

I suspect the dealership lost the piece while repairing the broken charge port locking mechanism as the missing piece was right above the port. But they replaced it quickly and easily.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Coincidentally, just today, I smacked the rear edge of the left rear door handle with the back of my hand as I was turning around, and sure enough, the facade 'popped' off and fell to the ground. It wasn't broken, and I snapped it back on easily. FYI, I have no cracks in any of my handles that some have reported. The force was pretty hard (didn't feel so good using back of my hand as a mallet), but I think the 'snap-on' nature of the door handle facades may leave them susceptible to popping off.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Coincidentally, just today, I smacked the rear edge of the left rear door handle with the back of my hand as I was turning around, and sure enough, the facade 'popped' off and fell to the ground. It wasn't broken, and I snapped it back on easily. FYI, I have no cracks in any of my handles that some have reported. The force was pretty hard (didn't feel so good using back of my hand as a mallet), but I think the 'snap-on' nature of the door handle facades may leave them susceptible to popping off.
I think that is the concern for this trim piece. If the button and fob aren't working and you have to do the little push & tug procedure to get the handle out so you can use the key tucked into the fob, you could pop the trim off. Also anyone messing with the car, whether maliciously or not when the handles are extended could do the same. Hopefully this is one of those odd build problems that affects just a few and can be remedied with a new trim piece.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, happened to me about 4 months ago. Rear passenger door handle popped off and easily snapped back on but the next week it was gone. JLR dealer replaced it but my car had to stay in the shop for a week while they color matched the part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts