Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While subject says long distance, a 4.5 hour drive did require me to charge once in between. My trip Cleveland -> Cincinnati May have made it on one charge but pulled off in Columbus JLR dealership and charged for free. Discovering charging stations is fun but can be stressful. Two chargers before ultimately landing at a JLR dealership (free) were broke. Going to a cars & coffee in Cincinnati had my car at 10%. Again, 2 chargers later (broke), I found one (paid) next to a BW3. After an hour I was ready to head home. The trip back had me stop off in Columbus (planned). Testing several charging app locations was fun, had time to kill but once again found a broke charger and ended up in a sketchy Walmart parking lot (paid). Half way from Columbus to final destination (Mansfield) stopped at a gas station with 3 chargers (Free).

This journey allowed me to find & favorite chargers using this route in the future. I’d like someone else to share theirs.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
858 Posts
Not too far from the Easton JLR dealership (11kW) in Columbus are chargers that charge faster (50kW) and are also free. A couple are in a parking garage (shaded) and a couple more are near the Whole Food.s (unshaded). There are 3 more 50kW chargers in the Easton Town Centre that are also free and in parking garages. All parking is free at Easton too.

I've used EVgo chargers in Cincy without issue.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to one of those Easton parking decks, broke! Wasn't aware of the JLR in Easton, only Dublin area. Ended up at that Walmart next to Sams there. Sketchy.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
94 Posts
I've been using the PlugShare app to find chargers, as well as the ChargePoint app. These apps show the status of the chargers, including whether they are operational or occupied. So far, every public charger that I've tried has been operational. Perhaps my experience is not typical, as it sounds like inoperative chargers are common. I haven't seen any free DC rapid chargers yet. That would be a nice thing to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts