Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to illustrate how rare I-Paces are in SF, after 11 months of owning my Corris Gray I-Pace, I finally spotted another one on the road yesterday afternoon. It was a white edition. Even more surprising, the sighting happened on the main thoroughfare in my neighborhood. This was the first sighting I’ve had across the entire SF Bay Area. I think I’m going to buy a lottery ticket :grin2:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just to illustrate how rare I-Paces are in SF, after 11 months of owning my Corris Gray I-Pace, I finally spotted another one on the road yesterday afternoon. It was a white edition. Even more surprising, the sighting happened on the main thoroughfare in my neighborhood. This was the first sighting I’ve had across the entire SF Bay Area. I think I’m going to buy a lottery ticket [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/img]

I've seen 4 in SoCal
3 Corris, 1 black

They are rare indeed

·
Registered
52 Posts
I saw one this morning on 880 in Campbell. That brings my total to 5 or 6 in the last 7 months. Meanwhile, on my walk this morning through Monte Sereno I counted 23 Teslas. I enjoy owning a rare vehicle though!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I live in Charlotte, NC and I have never seen one, other than the one I drive. Everyone always asks me what it is and they have no idea that Jaguar even makes an electric car. This is even when I talk to people who own a Tesla and should be somewhat in the know of electric cars. Jag needs to do a better job advertising. I did see an ad on Linkedin about some sort of Holiday sale recently on the i-Pace, which is a first for me to see online.

Reactions: dtgsrq

·
Registered
207 Posts
Seen one white, and possibly two separate grey ones in Washington DC+burbs. 5 total sightings since I got mine in January. I do see a lot of craned necks as people try to figure out what the heck I am driving since I had the I-Pace badge removed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ive seen one other in Toronto area. Actually in Oakville where i live. The dealer has said they moved double digits this year. The inventory is going down.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The I-Pace is a rare bird, indeed. Saw ZERO in the first six months I owned one. Now at 11 months, I just saw my third one yesterday. Agree with Zofran above that JLR dramatically undermarketed the car, especially when you consider the ridiculous number of awards it won. As dealers close out their MY 2019 inventory, there will be some *steals* to be had, for sure.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The dealer in Oakville has a massive banner outside saying world car of the year. Must 70 feet long. I never see any ads for the Ipace. Heard some on radio for Fpace.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
377 Posts
The dealer in Oakville has a massive banner outside saying world car of the year. Must 70 feet long. I never see any ads for the Ipace. Heard some on radio for Fpace.
Saw one ad during a NFL game a few weeks back, nothing else. No I-Paces in the wild seen in eastern PA.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've seen exactly one since it was released and it wasn't in Seattle, but in a coastal town while we were on vacation. I see at least a dozen Model 3s just commuting to work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I saw a white one in Vancouver yesterday.

It was in the front window of the showroom on Burrard Street :)

Otherwise, none for me yet. But it's only been a few weeks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I saw a red one once!

:)

I don’t mind it being a rare bird at all. I just hope that is isn’t such a rare bird that Jaguar loses internal support for it.

I have read that the new shared architecture for the XJ won’t be purely EV. The same platform will support internal combustion, hybrid as well as pure EV. It seems that the iPace platform won’t roll out to the XJ or any other Jag/LR as I was hoping. What does that mean for the future of the iPace I am not sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in the S.F. East Bay and have yet to see another I-Pace. Mine isn't white so I know you did not see me. If you see someone driving a Indus Silver I-Pace, honk and wave!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am in the Seattle area, I know my dealer has sold more than my I-Pace, and I have been contacted at work by at least one other person that owns a new I-Pace. But so far I have not seen a single other I-Pace on the road, nor at any of the buildings at work. As others have said on any given day driving to/from work I will see anywhere from a dozen to several dozens of Model 3's, typically at least a half dozen, or more, Model S, and typically several Model X on the road. There are likely at least a dozen Tesla vehicles in just the parking garage for my building on any given day.

I typically arrive early to work and can park right in front of my building most days. The car get lots of looks as people enter the building :).

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are at least two more of us in the Kirkland WA area! My black one and a dark metallic grey one that I have seen around.

We should form an I-pace club of Seattle - A small but intimate club...

·
Registered
149 Posts
I saw another one today - black, came up right behind me just near my house as I was approaching the grocery store. My car got really excited and didn't want to have to turn off to get the free charging at Longos. I felt like the night fury in "How to train your dragon 3". I'm no longer alone in the universe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts