Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Two techs really are required for the surgery. JLR has very strong instructions and procedures when it comes to working on the high voltage system in the car. They have to follow it to the letter. In parts of the procedures the second tech has to stand by with a special hook to pull the first tech away if something goes very wrong.

The -1 readings is due to the car going into deep sleep. New readings are not available to the JLR servers. It will look like this on a perfectly healthy car that has gone into deep sleep (more than 4 days of inactivity).

No you should not be concerned. Jaguar has said these cars can sit for 6 months without any issues.
Now I have a problem as Jaguar won't cover tow from dearler to dealer.

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
I don't really think that is your problem as Jaguar is obligated to fix the car under warranty. Complain to your state's attorney general office for failure to comply with warranty regulations.

If they won't tow the car between dealerships, will they "tow" the second mechanic to where the car is?

· Registered
1,943 Posts
Now I have a problem as Jaguar won't cover tow from dearler to dealer.
This is just a dick move on Jaguar's part. It's their fault. They can fix it. It's like they never want a repeat customer.

I talked directly with the parts manager vs through service and they are offering the batteries at a much better price. Starter battery would be less than I could get from an auto parts store, the aux a little bit more then your guide but then I don’t need to modify anything so I’m thinking I might just pull the trigger. The aux battery they have in stock has a born date of 01/2022, wondering if I should be concerned with a battery that’s been sitting on the shelf for a year.
What prices? What part numbers? Our batteries are fine so far, but I'd rather spend a few hundred bucks and an hour to avoid a problem than have to spend several hours dealing with the dealer, a tow, the waiting room, the service guy, phone calls, the waiting room again, then pickup, all while not having the car.

· Premium Member
2,427 Posts
As posted several times, small 12V battery is JDE32902 and large 12V battery is T4K4462. Check with your local dealer for prices as they do vary from one dealer to another.

· Registered
1,943 Posts
As posted several times, small 12V battery is JDE32902 and large 12V battery is T4K4462. Check with your local dealer for prices as they do vary from one dealer to another.
If I can get his price, I can negotiate my dealer down. My dealer always starts high.

· Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Use your favorite search engine. You'll find a lot of dealer part websites. Find the lowest priced one and go from there.

· Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace FE
112 Posts
If I can get his price, I can negotiate my dealer down. My dealer always starts high.
You might be able to use Genuine OEM Vehicle Battery Part# JDE32902 Fits 2012-2021 Jaguar: Up To 35% Off On Every Order And Guaranteed Fit When You Enter Your VIN | Jaguar Cary Parts as a starting point.

My starter battery was reporting 14.5V on https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/jlr.html so maybe I don't need to worry about that one. I need to find some time to get under the hood and check the aux battery. I'm still trying to decide if a battery thats been sitting around for a year is acceptable or not...

81 - 88 of 88 Posts