Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum Members: I have a First Edition I Pace. Went to start it, battery showed full charge. All the warning signals started coming up (Don't drive, Can driver, not safe to drive, gear box fault, traction fault etc.), the car then died and became a brick.

Called the Tow and he tested the 12v, it was charged. It is currently at the dealer.

Anyone with a similar experience. The software is up to date.

I will post an update once the dealer gets back to me. The sad part is my warranty expired 1 month ago :cry:.

· Registered
117 Posts
That's interesting, didn't know about the 2 12v batteries. I guess the new models only have 1?
Yes, newer models have a single 12V battery but the MY19 First Edition has two, all of which should be dying or dead these days. This sounds like it could be battery related, but not enough info to be sure.

Hopefully it is, since that is an easy, inexpensive fix and they are in stock in most places.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Have you had any issues with the I pace in the past? Have you had the 12V batteries replaced recently or the wiring harness? Usually this is a 12V issue

· Registered
730 Posts
I bet a steak dinner it is 12v battery related. Classic symptoms. Transient delirium (all the warnings going off as the voltage drops so all the signals go into undefined territory before hitting zero) followed by deep coma. If Your car is a first edition and on the original batteries, the only question is how did you manage this long without them failing? They will almost certainly want to replace the 12v batteries. The only openwuest is did they die a natural death 9likely given the age) or is there an underlying issue with the 12v management?

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
A 12v battery may show 12v but have little or no capacity. Without enough amperage, it will get drained trying to power up the 12v system (like all of the control modules). The start up battery has probably come to end-of-life.

Jaguar does have a grace period policy and you may be able to benefit from it.

· Registered
369 Posts
Still on my original 12v battery on my Oct 2018 model… but I got the gateway + other ECU update to properly manage the 12v, even when the car is off. And by the way, I still have my original 12v battery on my 2014 Leaf as well.
Same. Original 12V batteries on my FE running the latest software updates.

· Registered
678 Posts
The man loves to live dangerously!
I should have close my mouth on that day. Yesterday, I was not able to start up the car, hybrid battery problem, brake problem, etc... all sort of known problems. I checked the 12v batteries. Only 3v on the small one. I tried to trickle charge it for a couple of hours. It went up to 12v, but did not fix my problem. I think this one is dead now. I need to replace it. Anyone found an Exide EK151 on this side of the pound ?

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
I haven't found any source of an EK151. I haven't seen mention of any on a LR or Jaguar forum either. I wonder if an Exide battery dealer would/could/will get one even though there is a low demand for the product.

Edit to add:

Found on ebay and claims to ship from US. Given that it would take a month, I suspect they really take an order and then get it from Europe, or get from US JLR dealer and resell it. Priced as high as a JLR dealer.

· Registered
730 Posts
Can you post a link to that app?
The updates were applied at the dealer. There is no app to update software on the I-Pace, just semi-automatic over-the-air updates (like the infotainment system and some others that may require your dealer to authorize remotely) and others that require specialized hardware at the dealer to apply.

· Registered
678 Posts
Update: I phoned the 4 dealers I have around (I consider myself lucky, compared to others on this forum) on a Jan 2nd, and found one with the JDE32902 in stock. A bit over priced, but compared to a EK151 that I can order over sea or across the border + shipping + border fee, plus the fact that I can have it in my hand right away and drive the car again within the next 2 hours, the decision was easy. The exchange was quite easy, less than 40 min probably. Here is some pics.

I confirm that the christmas tree I had in the dash, that prevented me from moving the car (the car could start in accesory mode, but as soon as I turn the car on, the car shut down automatically) was fixed by replacing the small 12v/14Ah.

Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Flooring Gas

Automotive tire Product Tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle

Green Automotive tire Gas Auto part Plastic

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Plastic

Road surface Bumper Automotive exterior Asphalt Gas

Green Sleeve Glove Finger Font

· Administrator
3,306 Posts
Nice! Given the excellent outcome I can poke fun at you now

"Still on my original 12v battery on my Oct 2018 model …. And by the way, I still have my original 12v battery on my 2014 Leaf as well."

"The man loves to live dangerously!"

Pollo is next (and then it'll be my turn)

· Registered
678 Posts
Nice! Given the excellent outcome I can poke fun at you now

"Still on my original 12v battery on my Oct 2018 model …. And by the way, I still have my original 12v battery on my 2014 Leaf as well."
That would be fair.... :)
I hope that the battery in my Leaf will not die any time soon now... :) Probably easier to change and more commun to find as spare part.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts