Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not leasing, buying. Using credit union 2.25% current best rate, though interest raises expected x2 this year End of Sept and December in US, CU offers 60 day lock in but its difficult to predict when to lock in based on unknown delivery date at this stage. State of Texas $2500 rebate based on volume of sales and drawing down on a $7m government fund (so if Jan likely still applicable) the pain will be if Jan then $7500 federal won’t be returned to me until 2020 tax season as opposed to 2019 tax filing. With a lease they bake in the $7500 least that’s what I’ve read but I’ve leased before getting out of it is a bitch.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not leasing, buying. Using credit union 2.25% current best rate, though interest raises expected x2 this year End of Sept and December in US, CU offers 60 day lock in but its difficult to predict when to lock in based on unknown delivery date at this stage. State of Texas $2500 rebate based on volume of sales and drawing down on a $7m government fund (so if Jan likely still applicable) the pain will be if Jan then $7500 federal won’t be returned to me until 2020 tax season as opposed to 2019 tax filing. With a lease they bake in the $7500 least that’s what I’ve read but I’ve leased before getting out of it is a bitch.
if they match the F-Pace rollout, the lease rates they'll offer for people who pre-ordered will be obscene. So be prepared.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
if they match the F-Pace rollout, the lease rates they'll offer for people who pre-ordered will be obscene. So be prepared.
MSRP & FPACE come on chaps, they will not be desperate to shift these cause they can’t, they’re gonna be desperate to build them fast enough to keep up with demand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Any bending of price on the I-Pace or is this MSRP only during the roll out?
Give it a try and I’m sure you’ll get your answer, demand defines price, from what I’m reading y’all be lucky to get one before Feb if you haven’t already reserved. Global demand. When did Apple or Tesla reduce their prices? This is no Prius.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Watch out... Jaguar Austin doesn’t except outside financing. Unless you pay cash, you have to use their financing to purchase.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Watch out... Jaguar Austin doesn’t except outside financing. Unless you pay cash, you have to use their financing to purchase.

Although I certainly cannot offer any legal advice, it's possible such actions would constitute an illegal boycott or tying (e.g., to purchase our vehicle (with financing) you must also purchase our financing). If you do not want to raise a direct challenge, simply inform your local bank / credit union and see if they are willing to lend their influence in the face of a boycott of their products.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No way that is true. Maybe they don't like taking it, but if you hand them a cashiers check from a bank, there is no way they can deny it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
They don’t accept outside finance it is true, but the credit union I’m using has a way around it
How is this possibly true? You're telling me if you present a cashiers check from a bank they won't honor it? Honestly surprised JLR would even allow a dealer to do something that shady.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Spoke to Jaguar customer relations directly Jaguar 1-800-452-4827 Option 9 - they confirmed my car is built and on the boat! Had to insist they provide me an update outside of dealership. They created a case and distribution followed up within 24 hours to confirm status above.

At your request; I have created a case for you in regard to your anticipated I-PACE DELIVERY. I have contacted the necessary department. I am awaiting an answer to relay the information to you.

I didnt want to hang my hat on the dealership comments, feel more confident now this car is being handed over in 2018.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Spoke to Jaguar customer relations directly Jaguar 1-800-452-4827 Option 9 - they confirmed my car is built and on the boat! Had to insist they provide me an update outside of dealership. They created a case and distribution followed up within 24 hours to confirm status above.

At your request; I have created a case for you in regard to your anticipated I-PACE DELIVERY. I have contacted the necessary department. I am awaiting an answer to relay the information to you.

I didnt want to hang my hat on the dealership comments, feel more confident now this car is being handed over in 2018.
Do you just give Jaguar customer relations your order number and they can look up the status for you?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Purchase price /lease numbers

Do you just give Jaguar customer relations your order number and they can look up the status for you?
Hopefully you'll get it shortly. I am to have a late November delivery and no word as far as pricing or interest rates, lease vs purchase. I've heard from previous blogs 50% depreciation/ residual after 3 years. Anyone get any real numbers????

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hopefully you'll get it shortly. I am to have a late November delivery and no word as far as pricing or interest rates, lease vs purchase. I've heard from previous blogs 50% depreciation/ residual after 3 years. Anyone get any real numbers????
I haven't, they should be published by now though. As you can imagine, typically the lease rates are atrocious on new models from Jag for people trying to lease--at least until they've run through the initial backlog and they have to be more competitive, so be prepared.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I haven't, they should be published by now though. As you can imagine, typically the lease rates are atrocious on new models from Jag for people trying to lease--at least until they've run through the initial backlog and they have to be more competitive, so be prepared.
This is from Autocar UK.
Residuals:
3 year, 30K miles
S 55.8%
SE 55.1%
HSE 54.7%
First Edition 54.8%

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Finally got my VIN number and now confirmed at retailer 28th November (ordered in June). Not sure how long between at dealer to retailed to customer but I’m hoping not that long.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts