Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have been seeing similar behavior for the past one week and have an appointment with our local service department next Friday.
Got the car back today & here is what's in the notes:

EVAPORATOR PIPE ASSEMBLY LEAKING. READ AND CLEAR DTC'S. P0534-64 STORED FOR REFRIGERANT CHARGE LOSS,ATTACHED PRINT OUT TO RO. CHARGED FOR LEAK TEST AND PERFORMED LEAK TEST. FOUND PIPES FORM COMPRESSOR TO EVAPORATOR LEAKING. REPLACED EVAPORATOR PIPE ASSEMBLY (82.25.92). CHARGED AND TESTED, NOW WORKING PROPERLY WITH NO DTC'S

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it’s now fixed!
After keeping my car a week it’s now been 10 days and I haven’t had the issue. It definitely was a leak as refrigerant level was 415g/850g 2 months ago when I had brought it in for the same issue and now again 450g/850g whew I brought it in on the way back from the road trip. After changing 2 valves the first around and refill refrigerant this time they said that the condenser was leaking so they replaced it as well as seals and refilled refrigerant. So far so good.
hopefully others will be able to get this fixed also!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm confused with some posts... Do you get hot air without the A/C turned on? I think the I-Pace has a heat pump so it only does heat if the A/C is turned on. Am I correct?

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I know this

I know this is a rather late reply to a situation BUT it is a real problem and can easily be fixed. Check the special service bulletin attached and go to the dealer for a warranty repair.
Jeffrey,

While I appreciate your efforts to bring a solution to my situation more than 1 year later, JLR had my car for a very long time trying to figure out the issue. In fact they had it so long I finally asked them to buy it back, which they graciously did...

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
59 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Does this mean you are no longer an I-Pace owner? They easily fixed the problem for me and the AC is working just fine. I am a new owner and learning to enjoy the vehicle as I discover some of the creature comforts which are different than the Accura TLX high-tech sedan which I owned before.

I replaced my 22" wheels/tires with 20" wheels/tires. The 22" wheels are available for purchase at a very favorable price. Help find me a buyer and there is a $500 commission for you. Excellent condition with only 3300 miles of use and the Perilli summer tires are a bonus.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just chiming in and reviving this topic. I've been bothered by an annoying whistling sound from the AC for a while. Took the car to a dealer, they filled up the AC gas and sent me home. Worked for a little while but then the whistling came back. Went back to the dealer and they found a AC gas leakage from the vent caps. Ordering replacements now.

This seems to be a pretty common issue with I-Paces.

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
59 Posts
My dealer corrected this issue for me and I have had no problems since. In my case the system started blowing warm air after ten minutes of use. They added refrigerant and tightened all fittings and checked hoses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Revisiting this thread. Live in PHX, and there has now been several instances where the A/C simply blows hotter air than the 120 degrees outside.

I think I have narrowed it down, as to it only appears to happen if I take off immediately after charging.

I took it in and they replaced Schrader valves and "high side pressure sensor". Still, the problem persists. The dealer seemed to think that the A/C will prioritize the battery first hand. That's all fine, but it sounds insane if the car cannot do both. All my charging is done in a garage, so not as though it sits in the sun.

So, how have the rest of you fared?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Revisiting this thread. Live in PHX, and there has now been several instances where the A/C simply blows hotter air than the 120 degrees outside.

I think I have narrowed it down, as to it only appears to happen if I take off immediately after charging.

I took it in and they replaced Schrader valves and "high side pressure sensor". Still, the problem persists. The dealer seemed to think that the A/C will prioritize the battery first hand. That's all fine, but it sounds insane if the car cannot do both. All my charging is done in a garage, so not as though it sits in the sun.

So, how have the rest of you fared?
3 repair attempts for my I-PACE blowing NOT CONDITIONED air (basically compressor not blowing cold air) after 10 to 15 minutes of each drive. First attempt: replaced evaporative pipe assembly. Second attempt: replaced leaky valve. Third attempt: replaced leaky compressor. I still have to pick up the car tomorrow. We'll see how it fares.

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
3 repair attempts for my I-PACE blowing NOT CONDITIONED air (basically compressor not blowing cold air) after 10 to 15 minutes of each drive. First attempt: replaced evaporative pipe assembly. Second attempt: replaced leaky valve. Third attempt: replaced leaky compressor. I still have to pick up the car tomorrow. We'll see how it fares.
Ooof. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
315 Posts
I have this problem too on startup (not after charging) it takes time for any chilled air to emerge.

After 15 to 20 minutes the cold air stops and the car effectively behaves like a car without AC (but typically worse as the air pulled in tends to be warmer than the external ambient temperature).

I waited 5 weeks to get this seen to and nothing was actually done (they claim they carried out software resets). The problem remains and I am in a 6 week wait cycle to have it looked at again with no confidence of resolution. It is the middle of a hot stuffy summer here and this is totally unacceptable.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hmmm....maybe this TSM will be the fix for me. I've had this problem 3 times. The techs checked and checked and could find no leaks in the system, and can't figure out why I keep losing refrigerant. Schrader valve fix was done over a year ago. I had it recharged (again) about a month ago, and so far it is okay.

JLR just issued a new bulletin on this yesterday, where it looks like the culprit are some bolts that are too long. Hopefully this offers relief for those of you that have been battling this.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
315 Posts
Interesting hope they have done something similar in the UK too

61 - 74 of 74 Posts